REQUEST: DIY installing lowering springs

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a DIY on this with proper tools listed, and torque figures to wrench?
Sponsored

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex HB FK7
Nobody will help this dude out? I cant, I haven't installed anythng in this car yet! Lol why are people here so secretive? Wtf is with that? I see tons of people modding but if u ask a question they reply rudely with comments like "google it" or one worded avoidant answers like "yea" or "nah" or like if someone asks where did you get that they reply "online" , well no shit asshat! Where online? If u dont want people asking you questions then dont mod your car and put it all over forums for people to see. Naturally their gonna ask questions! What really kills me is, and I have seen it, when a company sponsors someone and hooks em up w parts and then people ask the person sponsored questions they act bothered or wont really answer u. If u didnt want that then whyd u do it? If ur representing a company thats NOT how u act! Id be so tickled to have a company sponsor ne and hook me up like that id do everything in my power to answer potential customers questions and id do it with a big smile and friendly. Id be doing everything I could to help that company make as many sales as possible and also to help their image. I wont say names so dont ask even tho the person responsible is not on here, but I already pretty much got turned off on one brand because of the person reppin them wouldnt answer any questions and acted like I was a bother to them so guess what? If thats the kind of person you picked for reppin your brand ill pass alltogether!

Sorry op, but someone should have answered you by now, I wish I had the answers you were looking for but I dont. Hopefully someone will chime in soon though! Id like to see a diy myself cause this platforms alot different from the ef's , eg's, and ek's im used to!

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex HB FK7
There is a diy video on youtube installing D2 coilovers. All steps are same except it obviously doesent show trimming bumpstops , or replacing the springs on the struts as obviously coilovers replace the whole assembly, however it does show just about every step necessary otherwise. Good luck!

knightmare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hi. Have you installed your eibach sportline springs yet? If yes, is the ride quality unchanged like others say? Would the ride quality be the same if you had 4 people in the car?

OP
OP
CivicXander

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi. Have you installed your eibach sportline springs yet? If yes, is the ride quality unchanged like others say? Would the ride quality be the same if you had 4 people in the car?
yes I've gotten them installed, about 2 weeks now.
with 4 people in the car, it actually feels stable and better, with myself it feels slightly bouncy but no real issues for me.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
There is a diy video on youtube installing D2 coilovers. All steps are same except it obviously doesent show trimming bumpstops , or replacing the springs on the struts as obviously coilovers replace the whole assembly, however it does show just about every step necessary otherwise. Good luck!

In the video they don't show them unbolting the sway bar rods. I'm assuming that must be a total bitch it they didn't wanna put it on video lol

Chris823

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic, 2007 civic.
Vehicle Showcase
In the video they don't show them unbolting the sway bar rods. I'm assuming that must be a total bitch it they didn't wanna put it on video lol
I got mine unbolted but they wouldn't come out even with taking pressure on and off the suspension with a jack :|

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
I got mine unbolted but they wouldn't come out even with taking pressure on and off the suspension with a jack :|
I just want to install springs. I just don't want to get stuck because I can't re attach the rods. I have to do most of my work on the street, so I can't really leave my car jacked up off the ground over night.

Chris823

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic, 2007 civic.
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to install springs. I just don't want to get stuck because I can't re attach the rods. I have to do most of my work on the street, so I can't really leave my car jacked up off the ground over night.
I'm taking mine to my local Tuner shop, He quoted me when I got my exhaust done at about 250-300. They're hell to get out and idk why.

Nickog909

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si and 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I'm taking mine to my local Tuner shop, He quoted me when I got my exhaust done at about 250-300. They're hell to get out and idk why.

I got the driver front spring off but I’m having trouble trying to put the damn thing back in place the shock isn’t lining up properly

Performance Brakes LTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
I got the driver front spring off but I’m having trouble trying to put the damn thing back in place the shock isn’t lining up properly
Elaborate on your situation a bit further and we may can help you out. Pictures would be very helpful to understanding your current predicament.