Reprogramming of ACC system? 2016 Civic EX-L

CivicMan23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Good day Forums!
First time poster here, have been lurking around reading posts as a guest but I figured I would finally join since there's a ton of great information on here! :) I apologize if this answer is hiding somewhere within a forum topic/post but I haven't found an answer to this and hope someone can provide some insight.

Basically, my 2016 Civic EX-L w/HondaSense was involved in an accident where the front bumper was damaged from the collision. Insurance covered the repairs and I received my vehicle back but I noticed the Adaptive Cruise Control system was not functioning as it was pre-accident. It doesn't consistently detect the vehicle in front on me, so it doesn't have the capability to auto-brake/keep its distance from the car. When I say "consistently", it sometimes detects the car but only when I'm at a close distance (almost bumper to bumper) and it goes in/out when I'm at a greater distance.

So I returned the vehicle back to the auto body collision center and had them take a look at the system again. They claim the sensors are working correctly/not damaged from the accident but it just needed to be 'reprogrammed' in order to function correctly again. I got my vehicle back again from them and I still noticed the ACC isn't consistently detecting the vehicle in front of me.

Does anyone know how to perform this "reprogramming" the auto body rep claimed they performed? I'm not really convinced they did anything the 2nd time around and I want to confirm myself. If worse comes to worse, my plan was to just take it to the dealership but I wanted to attempt to fix this before throwing money at the dealer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Good day Forums!
First time poster here, have been lurking around reading posts as a guest but I figured I would finally join since there's a ton of great information on here! :) I apologize if this answer is hiding somewhere within a forum topic/post but I haven't found an answer to this and hope someone can provide some insight.

Basically, my 2016 Civic EX-L w/HondaSense was involved in an accident where the front bumper was damaged from the collision. Insurance covered the repairs and I received my vehicle back but I noticed the Adaptive Cruise Control system was not functioning as it was pre-accident. It doesn't consistently detect the vehicle in front on me, so it doesn't have the capability to auto-brake/keep its distance from the car. When I say "consistently", it sometimes detects the car but only when I'm at a close distance (almost bumper to bumper) and it goes in/out when I'm at a greater distance.

So I returned the vehicle back to the auto body collision center and had them take a look at the system again. They claim the sensors are working correctly/not damaged from the accident but it just needed to be 'reprogrammed' in order to function correctly again. I got my vehicle back again from them and I still noticed the ACC isn't consistently detecting the vehicle in front of me.

Does anyone know how to perform this "reprogramming" the auto body rep claimed they performed? I'm not really convinced they did anything the 2nd time around and I want to confirm myself. If worse comes to worse, my plan was to just take it to the dealership but I wanted to attempt to fix this before throwing money at the dealer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Never heard of that. But if I had to guess, they probably just reset everything by disconnecting the battery. I would check with the dealer.

Givah-sum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXT coupe
Country flag
Maybe the sensors(radar) are pointed down too much, not picking up the vehicle when it should.
Sponsored