Removing Rear Bumper

bluebuury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I'm trying to remove my rear bumper to make some repairs on the fascia. The compound that I'm using to fill in the dent works better on horizontal surfaces, so removing the bumper would be ideal. I know there are three screws on each side in the wheel well and one screw below each tail light, but I'm unsure of how to remove the screw underneath the tail light. How would I go about removing those? If you guys have any instructions on how to remove the rear bumper, please fill me in! I'm working based off of diagrams.

Honda Civic 10th gen Removing Rear Bumper IMG_3258.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Removing Rear Bumper IMG_3262.JPG

kchigh5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2k17 civic sedan
I'm trying to remove my rear bumper to make some repairs on the fascia. The compound that I'm using to fill in the dent works better on horizontal surfaces, so removing the bumper would be ideal. I know there are three screws on each side in the wheel well and one screw below each tail light, but I'm unsure of how to remove the screw underneath the tail light. How would I go about removing those? If you guys have any instructions on how to remove the rear bumper, please fill me in! I'm working based off of diagrams.

IMG_3258.JPG

IMG_3262.JPG
I'm impressed your working on it yourself. Did you get the bumper off.

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag

IMG_3258.JPG

IMG_3262.JPG
Those are Allen Keys.

I believe they are 5mm allen keys.

kchigh5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2k17 civic sedan
Took a further look at this myself and theres 3 philips screws on the edge where the wheel well is. Underneath the car is where I can't recognize the attachments. I will be getting my hands into the car. Attempting to remove bumper to pop a dent back.

VanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civci 2017 Lx
are there any one remove rear bumper? I remove 3 phillip screws on the edge of each side, 2 of 5mm allen keys, and a lot clips under bumper, but still can't pull the bumper out, like some things stuck in the middle of the bumper.

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
are there any one remove rear bumper? I remove 3 phillip screws on the edge of each side, 2 of 5mm allen keys, and a lot clips under bumper, but still can't pull the bumper out, like some things stuck in the middle of the bumper.
i been looking for this answer myself and no luck

enishi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sedan ext
Country flag
For sedan, I advise to remove the rear lights. Then remove the clips to the carpet in the trunk to expose the sides. if I remember right, You can see there are two stubs to each sides. Those stubs are attached to the bumper. When you pull the side of the bumper, the stub should be recede a bit. Also remove the screws on the rear wheel well. The bumper kind of clip to the rear of the trunk. Just angle it and pull and it should come off.

VanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civci 2017 Lx
For sedan, I advise to remove the rear lights. Then remove the clips to the carpet in the trunk to expose the sides. if I remember right, You can see there are two stubs to each sides. Those stubs are attached to the bumper. When you pull the side of the bumper, the stub should be recede a bit. Also remove the screws on the rear wheel well. The bumper kind of clip to the rear of the trunk. Just angle it and pull and it should come off.
yes, I did. I remove 2 rear lights too, I saw 2 stubs to each sides that are bumper supporter (number 5 and 8 in the picture) and unattached the bumper out of them. But still the bumper not fall out. My bumper crack a little bit so I decide to bring it to pro instead of continuing. However, very curious.

Honda Civic 10th gen Removing Rear Bumper 4410615

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
yes, I did. I remove 2 rear lights too, I saw 2 stubs to each sides that are bumper supporter (number 5 and 8 in the picture) and unattached the bumper out of them. But still the bumper not fall out. My bumper crack a little bit so I decide to bring it to pro instead of continuing. However, very curious.

4410615.jpg

IMG_3258.JPG

IMG_3262.JPG
Check this
Honda Civic 10th gen Removing Rear Bumper IMG_1173.PNG

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I removed rear bumper and took out rear vents am going to cut out holes in bumper and either customize my oem vents or order the blue ones like the picture. but stumbled upon what looks to be like some sort of vent system underneath. So now my job is to somehow make these vents functional

Honda Civic 10th gen Removing Rear Bumper 7165C3F7-F773-4A61-AF00-333C34A30A66

Honda Civic 10th gen Removing Rear Bumper 0761CC09-C5DE-4AEF-980A-1ADBE215D354

Honda Civic 10th gen Removing Rear Bumper C9BBEFEC-6FAE-490B-91A8-4EAE2FCF8B15

Honda Civic 10th gen Removing Rear Bumper 123AE617-697F-46E1-A54E-1DC5BD9DCE46