erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
With your viper remote start, does it turn up when you open the door or does it keep running? I have heard on some push start or manual remote starters it will start the car but, when a door is opened it turns off. Also I've heard you have to turn it off then back on to go from remote start to driving. Has anyone run into any of this with the 10th gen civics?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Always leave my car in gear when it's off. Someone trying to steal / tow it will have a much harder time getting away. Never had someone steal a car around my area but anything can happen anywheres, firm believer in that.

afkrejci90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Honda Civic EX-T 6MT - 02 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Do you lose any functionality that comes with the stock remote? Will it turn on heat or ac like the cvt models?

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you lose any functionality that comes with the stock remote? Will it turn on heat or ac like the cvt models?
No functionality is lost. The climate control will resume whatever function it was left on when you last turned the car off.

HondaBurns

First Name
Adrian Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport HB
No functionality is lost. The climate control will resume whatever function it was left on when you last turned the car off.
You installed this yourself? I'm very interested in doing so, I live in the northeast so getting a jump on the cold would be great.

Contemplating getting a car cover lol

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You installed this yourself? I'm very interested in doing so, I live in the northeast so getting a jump on the cold would be great.

Contemplating getting a car cover lol
Yes it was actually pretty easy thanks to the vehicle specific harness that Fortin offers. I tried installing a Viper system on a different car years ago without a plug and play harness and that did not go well, ha.

HondaBurns

First Name
Adrian Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport HB
Yes it was actually pretty easy thanks to the vehicle specific harness that Fortin offers. I tried installing a Viper system on a different car years ago without a plug and play harness and that did not go well, ha.
Harnesses make everything easier, it's just find and match at that point lol, I'm happy you were successful, congrats

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you tell me which harness you used for this? I cant seem to figure out which one to use for the 2017 Civic. I went to Fortin website and the 2 harnesses for push button start do not list the 2016 or 2017 civic as compatible.

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fortin THARONE-HON2

My vehicle is not push button start though. I'd give Fortin a call if I were you. I called once or twice and they were very helpful.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fortin THARONE-HON2

My vehicle is not push button start though. I'd give Fortin a call if I were you. I called once or twice and they were very helpful.
Alright, I will try that.
Thank you

Greencobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si 2016 Mazda CX-9
For someone who has never done this but figures things out easily, how hard is this install? And I'm guessing if I wanted it for the Si I'd be using a different model since we have push to start

Osobigg

Grand Sky Marshal of the North
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatchback 6MT Polished Metal
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see on the website that additional features can be enabled.

We’re you able to program the heated seats and full defrost to turn on?

Do you think it would be possible to use the OEM Honda fob that has a remote start button?

Last edited:

Evolution999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me: 2014 Evo X MR, 2014 Nissan 370Z Nimso, For the mrs: 2015 BMW M3 Sedan
Country flag
You should always put a manual car in gear when parking, it's the e-brake that isn't necessary. You're doing it backwards. With just the e-brake somebody can roll your car down the street by pushing on it with enough force

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For someone who has never done this but figures things out easily, how hard is this install? And I'm guessing if I wanted it for the Si I'd be using a different model since we have push to start
Not bad if they have a harness that works with the push to start system. If you had to wire it in manually without a harness it would be a bear.

I see on the website that additional features can be enabled.

We’re you able to program the heated seats and full defrost to turn on?

Do you think it would be possible to use the OEM Honda fob that has a remote start button?
No heated seats in my sport hatch so I can't speak regarding that. I'd say there is a chance you may could use the OEM remote with the button, you'd have to ask Fortin to be sure though.
Sponsored