Remote Start (Nearly) Every Time?

Do you start your car while you're walking to it?

• Yes, all the time

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • Yes, some of the time

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Sometimes, but usually not

Votes: 36 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • No remote start equipped vehicle

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters

Aetheric Continua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Potentially silly poll question I thought of today, but those of you with remote start equipped vehicles, do you ever start it on your way to the vehicle (not just to warm it on a cold day)?

I do sometimes but it may just be me having fun with the new feature (first time ever having a car that I can start with the push of a button [well, two]).
Sponsored

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Always good to start the car and let the oil flow a little before popping out on the highway and reving the crap out of it. When it's cold out, I let the engine warm up until the temp gauge shows the needle just coming up off of cold.

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Semi related, but I wish the lights (or at least dtrl) would come on and stay on when remote start has been initiated. Is there a setting where this can be modified?

Trellaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX with Honda sensor (nov 16) :)
Observation: it's a bit tricky to find the timing between hit lock/start. It took me and the sale guy several times before we got the car starting remotely. I think I have the timing now!

Question: what range does the remote starter have?

OP
OP

Aetheric Continua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Observation: it's a bit tricky to find the timing between hit lock/start. It took me and the sale guy several times before we got the car starting remotely. I think I have the timing now!

The best timing I've found was to press the lock button, wait a second, then hold the start button for 2~3 seconds.

From what I've seen on the forums the range seems to be between 800 and 1000 feet.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad

The manual says to hit the lock button and then hold the start button for one second until you see the light on the fob blink. Then you sit back and wait for the car to start. Worked 100% of the time for me so far.

OP
OP

Aetheric Continua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
The manual says to hit the lock button and then hold the start button for one second until you see the light on the fob blink. Then you sit back and wait for the car to start. Worked 100% of the time for me so far.
I tried hitting the lock button then holding start for one second but it didn't work for me. Tried it a few more times and no dice. 2 or more seconds seem to be the sweet spot for me :)

SuperTongue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I usually just look out the window while I do it. The four-ways blink once to acknowledge the start, then I let go of the button. I assume others might not be able to see the car though.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I tried hitting the lock button then holding start for one second but it didn't work for me. Tried it a few more times and no dice. 2 or more seconds seem to be the sweet spot for me :)
Does the little LED light up on the starter fob as you hold the start button? It is just above the lock button and I let go when it blinks, works every time. I have the Canadian version so it may be different. Just tried it again and it works.

Trellaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX with Honda sensor (nov 16) :)
wow chiming in here. i live in an apartment. my windows face east. My car is south in a parking spot. I leaned up to the window. Click, click with the remote. Put on my shoes. The car is running :)

But when I get into the car it prompts me to do something? i can't drive away and I didn't notice what the symbols were? I still have to start the car inside?

Thanks

OP
OP

Aetheric Continua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
wow chiming in here. i live in an apartment. my windows face east. My car is south in a parking spot. I leaned up to the window. Click, click with the remote. Put on my shoes. The car is running :)

But when I get into the car it prompts me to do something? i can't drive away and I didn't notice what the symbols were? I still have to start the car inside?

Thanks
Yeah, when you actually enter the car you have to hold the brake pedal and press the "Start" button, just as if you were starting the car normally.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
When you get in you have to press the brake pedal and hit the start button. You may hear the fan speed drop making you think the engine stops (as I did) but check the tachometer and the engine is still running.
Sponsored