Remot Start problem. Windshied Wipers coming on

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
So I remotely started my car. I go into the car with the AC already blowing keeping me cool. And Honda tells me to push the bottom with my foot on the break, so i do. Then shit happens, The car has a mini strike before coming back to life and the windshield wipers decide they need to be tested
on a 100 degree day, with no moisture.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
If you leave the wipers on Auto they'll wipe once every time the car is started, regardless of what's on the windscreen.

Leave it on off when you get out of the car.

Lopepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP
So I remotely started my car. I go into the car with the AC already blowing keeping me cool. And Honda tells me to push the bottom with my foot on the break, so i do. Then shit happens, The car has a mini strike before coming back to life and the windshield wipers decide they need to be tested
on a 100 degree day, with no moisture.

Anyone know how to fix this?
The manual advises not to leave the wipers in the auto setting. You should only put it in auto when it begins to rain and let it do its thing.

SneakyPete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Mine does this too. It seems to be a bug. Starting the car normally does not make the wipers go when they are on "Auto". Remote starting, then pressing the start+brake makes the wipers go once. Can anyone else confirm if this is normal behavior?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Mine does this too. It seems to be a bug. Starting the car normally does not make the wipers go when they are on "Auto". Remote starting, then pressing the start+brake makes the wipers go once. Can anyone else confirm if this is normal behavior?
Did you leave the wipers on auto? If yes, then it's normal. If you did not, then it's not normal.

SneakyPete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Did you leave the wipers on auto? If yes, then it's normal. If you did not, then it's not normal.
Yes, they are on auto. The question is why do they go after a remote start and not after a regular start. It seems to be a bug if all the tourings do that. If it is just a few, it could be a defect.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Yes, they are on auto. The question is why do they go after a remote start and not after a regular start. It seems to be a bug if all the tourings do that. If it is just a few, it could be a defect.
It's not a bug nor a defect, because the manual explicitly tells you not to leave it on auto.

Maybe your window/sensor is dirtier just those times when you remote start. Maybe it's a systems check that only triggers when you remote start.
Just leave it on OFF most of the time, and on the rare occasion you forget and leave it on Auto, you'll know because you'll have a nice streak across your windshield.
Sponsored