Recommended Tires

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
What do you people recommend for tires on this car besides the stock Firestones.
I've noticed some droning from them. Then i read an article by C&D where they had a similar experience
What are the best ECO, best Performance, or best overall besides stock? Anything?
Sponsored

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
What do you people recommend for tires on this car besides the stock Firestones.
I've noticed some droning from them. Then i read an article by C&D where they had a similar experience
What are the best ECO, best Performance, or best overall besides stock? Anything?
All seasons are 1 thing and 1 thing only.. Bad at all seasons.. A great all season tire... Albeit still garbage would be michelin pilot mxm4..

With that said... U can usually get a good summer tire set.. And good winter tire set for the price of those michellins.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Michelin Premier A/S

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm assuming you don't get much snow in Georgia. I'd recommend the Michelin Defender as well for an all around all season tire. Had them on my 8th gen Civic. They were great even in light snow. You'll need the LTX version that's meant for light trucks and CUV's though, as the regular version doesn't come in the 215/50R17 OEM size.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I'm assuming you don't get much snow in Georgia. I'd recommend the Michelin Defender as well for an all around all season tire. Had them on my 8th gen Civic. They were great even in light snow. You'll need the LTX version that's meant for light trucks and CUV's though, as the regular version doesn't come in the 215/50R17 OEM size.
First of all, recommending a light truck/suv tire for OP who lives in Georgia is hardly sound advice. OP needs a good passenger all season, with excellent dry weather grip and competent wet weather handling. The only reason the Defender exists is due to low cost and a 700+ treadwear rating. It's pretty much worse off in all other categories compared to Premier

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
My coupe came with the Firestone tires, but now I have the Hankook tires from the sedan. I never had any noise issue with the Firestone's, but these Hankook's do seem like they are a little smoother. Might just be because they're brand new. Noise has alot do with the roads in your area too though.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Pilot, Tacoma, TSX
Go to Kauffman Tire and buy a set of Toyo. If you want a set of the stock ones, I will sell you my Firestones so I can purchase a set of Toyos :rolleyes1:

OP
OP
Alejoviejo

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
First of all, recommending a light truck/suv tire for OP who lives in Georgia is hardly sound advice. OP needs a good passenger all season, with excellent dry weather grip and competent wet weather handling. The only reason the Defender exists is due to low cost and a 700+ treadwear rating. It's pretty much worse off in all other categories compared to Premier
We didn't even get a winter this year :p
But all seasons are a safe bet, but summer performance would be best since temperatures don't get crazy cold out here.
All seasons performance are stupid especially for the price so I'll shy away from those.
All winter tires you people recommend for everyone else on the forums?

boston7686

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Normally, the Defender LTX is for SUV/Truck applications, but in my shop, i've put them on a few Impalas, due to the odd size

boston7686

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We didn't even get a winter this year :p
But all seasons are a safe bet, but summer performance would be best since temperatures don't get crazy cold out here.
All seasons performance are stupid especially for the price so I'll shy away from those.
All winter tires you people recommend for everyone else on the forums?
Michelin Premier A/S is good all around. If you get snow, it will be fine. Not a replacement for winters though. If you don't have winter, it's still great all around

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I'm into cornering and handling so I'm looking at either Michelin Pilot Sports or Goodyear eagle sports. Just haven't decided whether I want the speed rating to be "H" or "V". The V tire would handle better but wear out faster. Also it might ride a little harder.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Michelin doesn't have Pilot Sports or anything better than the Premiere for the 215/50/17 size. It's funny because you can get Pilot Sport A/S3s for the 215/55/16 size lol