Recommended springs for autocross Civic SI sedan?

Dvoxojo

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Going to my first autocross and I would like to get some springs. Since there's no coilovers at the moment. Any recommendations? Or should I just keep it stock til there's coilovers?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love my Eibach Sportlines (no complaints) but anyone that is really serious about suspension would probably tell you to wait for a more precisely matched spring/damper or coilover setup.

REDRAGN53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Civic now..
Definitely interested to see how the aftermarket designs Si springs to work with the electronic shocks...main reason I went with a Hatch was because I knew I was going to pull the suspension.

Hopefully a good set of eibach will bolt on your Si with no issues/check lights!

HustleHatch

@hustle_hatch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch Sport 6MT
I wouldn't do springs, as you'll be thrown out of your street class (GS) and into a higher class if you change them. If coilovers are in your future, just wait and do it right the first go around ;)

OP
OP
Dvoxojo

Dvoxojo

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I wouldn't do springs, as you'll be thrown out of your street class (GS) and into a higher class if you change them. If coilovers are in your future, just wait and do it right the first go around ;)
Dang I just bought some too. The one I'm going to is a introduction to autocross.

REDRAGN53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Civic now..
Here is the bottom line...you really need to take your car in stock form to the track and then begin to modify as you max out different areas. However, that advice is coming from someone who does not even own their new civic yet and already has parts ordered!
As far as your intro to autox goes the springs will be fine. HustleHatch was referring to when you actually begin to compete.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
If you actually want to compete for trophies, then spend money on tires, brake pads, and seat time first.

If you want to just go out and have a good time, it doesn't really matter what parts you get.

Realize, too, that Stock classes are just as competitive as any other.

For the Si, I'd seriously reconsider whether you'll benefit from those springs at all. Shocks and tires make a big difference, and you can already change the shock response by pushing a button. Most other people have to turn little knobs at all four corners (or spend an afternoon swapping them out).

HustleHatch

@hustle_hatch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch Sport 6MT
If you actually want to compete for trophies, then spend money on tires, brake pads, and seat time first.

If you want to just go out and have a good time, it doesn't really matter what parts you get.
This. If you're on stock tires, don't expect much to gain from springs or anything else from that matter. A good set of tires under the car will help DRASTICALLY. I'm not sure i'd recommend pads unless you want more feel or bite from the brakes, as you'll use your brakes sparingly and at much lower speeds than a track day, for example. I never found the stock pads on my Sport a hindrance, and the Si has larger brakes to boot!

Just get out there and drive, learn, then drive some more. :D
Sponsored