Rear-view Mirror sensor(s) for dimming function only?

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
So the rear-view mirror that came with my hatchback ST had a sensor or two along the bottom edge of the mirror. My hatchback also came with the sensing package.

Are those sensors on the stock rear-view mirror just for its dimming function?

I installed a 300mm Broadway mirror and it blocks the sensors.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear-view Mirror sensor(s) for dimming function only? IMG_2227.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear-view Mirror sensor(s) for dimming function only? IMG_2229.JPG

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
My question is why you have a dashboard cover. It's not gonna rot away or anything and you're covering up the speaker anyway.

OP
OP

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
My question is why you have a dashboard cover. It's not gonna rot away or anything and you're covering up the speaker anyway.
Doesn't affect the audio from the dash speaker.

Also, I just like having a dashboard cover.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure that's a good idea, considering there is an airbag under there. It could diminish the effectiveness of the airbag.

Although it can't be as bad as when I see people stick figurines on the dashboard - would get a plastic projectile in the face if it ever goes off.

OP
OP

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Not sure that's a good idea, considering there is an airbag under there. It could diminish the effectiveness of the airbag.

Although it can't be as bad as when I see people stick figurines on the dashboard - would get a plastic projectile in the face if it ever goes off.
It won't affect the airbags. I never secure my dashboard covers with the included Velcro. It's just laying on the dash.
Sponsored