Rear Bumper Replacement Cost?

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone by any chance have an experience or an idea what the cost would be to have a new rear bumper (painted) for the new Civics?

I'm in no rush to get it, but long story short, I noticed my rear bumper has a slight indentation on the top rear bumper (1 inch length) and a spiderwebbing crack on the paint (under what looks like the clear coat or a clear bra) from the middle of the bumper to the right side.

I have no idea how this happened, if this was on it when I bought it, or happened not too long after I did, but it's bothering me for a car to be under a month old.

Just wanted to get an idea how much it would to replace the bumper if my OCD kicks in :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Bumper Replacement Cost? ima
Sponsored

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
A kid rear ended me in my 2013 Si sedan. It was like $500 to repaint (it didn't crack or anything). So I'd expect somewhere in the $700-$1,000 range, plus labor.

I'd talk to your dealer. Knowing what I know of you, you take exceptionally good care of your car and I can't see any reason it'd be spiderwebbing after a month. I know that'd be my first course of action.

OP
OP
timothyjay

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Yikes! I checked some online Honda parts store and a rear bumper is going for $300, not sure if that's painted. Regardless, that part store is only pick up so its no use to me lol.

Yeah, I might just inquire about it at my next dealer visit. The average person won't notice it but every time I wash my car, I do and it's "slightly" bugging me :(

A kid rear ended me in my 2013 Si sedan. It was like $500 to repaint (it didn't crack or anything). So I'd expect somewhere in the $700-$1,000 range, plus labor.

I'd talk to your dealer. Knowing what I know of you, you take exceptionally good care of your car and I can't see any reason it'd be spiderwebbing after a month. I know that'd be my first course of action.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

Spider webbing is almost always the result of an impact with a solid object (ie another bumper or building etc) - parallel parking is the likely culprit and you might have bumped them or they you.

OP
OP
timothyjay

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I would 100% say it's not parallel parking as I haven't done that in this car, and it's rare to have parallel parking in my area.

That being said, my only thought would be that it came from my dealership like that because I took it home right after, and barely drove it and parked anywhere that it might've been backed into. BUT, that's a hard sell to say to a dealership saying this might've happened before I bought it.

Spider webbing is almost always the result of an impact with a solid object (ie another bumper or building etc) - parallel parking is the likely culprit and you might have bumped them or they you.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
We all miss things.

I realized the panel with the map lights and moonroof switch was very loose after I bought it. I took it back and they said it was off a clip and fixed it.

It's still loose. And today, my moon roof wouldn't open. But then when I turned the car off for a bit and back on, it worked.

Will be making a return trip. Some of these bugs are making me happy I leased. Too much tech may not always be a good thing lol.

OP
OP
timothyjay

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. I didn't notice it because the car was dirty at the dealership at the time, and when they finally detailed it when I bought it, it was dark and I guess I didn't get the memo to inspect everything from top to bottom, front to back. I assumed that it would be perfect from the dealership. Next vehicle, I'll be sure to inspect it with a magnifying glass lol.

I did find a tear in one of the passenger side door panel in the backseat which they agreed to fix (still waiting on the part), but that was before I noticed the bumper.

We all miss things.

I realized the panel with the map lights and moonroof switch was very loose after I bought it. I took it back and they said it was off a clip and fixed it.

It's still loose. And today, my moon roof wouldn't open. But then when I turned the car off for a bit and back on, it worked.

Will be making a return trip. Some of these bugs are making me happy I leased. Too much tech may not always be a good thing lol.

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Timothyjay,

There's a few painters in town that will spray a new bumper for about $200.. So about $500 total with a new bumper cover ordered from Majestic/CollegeHills Honda.. I prefer Majestic, a little cheaper on the shipping for us in Jax.

Only Honda Access parts come painted.. everything else is unpainted if it's from the parts catalog.

OP
OP
timothyjay

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the heads up on those sites! Majestic would be $340 shipped so that's not bad. Just would need a good shop to paint it to match if I decide to go the route of getting it fixed. Thanks!

Timothyjay,

There's a few painters in town that will spray a new bumper for about $200.. So about $500 total with a new bumper cover ordered from Majestic/CollegeHills Honda.. I prefer Majestic, a little cheaper on the shipping for us in Jax.

Only Honda Access parts come painted.. everything else is unpainted if it's from the parts catalog.

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the heads up on those sites! Majestic would be $340 shipped so that's not bad. Just would need a good shop to paint it to match if I decide to go the route of getting it fixed. Thanks!
Let me know if you decide to find a shop, I have a few in mind but it's been years and not sure if they are still around.. I'm actually looking for a low-cost but high-quality shop here in town myself.. Especially if I get that RS wing!

OP
OP
timothyjay

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Will do!

Let me know if you decide to find a shop, I have a few in mind but it's been years and not sure if they are still around.. I'm actually looking for a low-cost but high-quality shop here in town myself.. Especially if I get that RS wing!

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I would 100% say it's not parallel parking as I haven't done that in this car, and it's rare to have parallel parking in my area.

That being said, my only thought would be that it came from my dealership like that because I took it home right after, and barely drove it and parked anywhere that it might've been backed into. BUT, that's a hard sell to say to a dealership saying this might've happened before I bought it.
If you think it may have been done before you took delivery then just tell them - worse thing that can happen is they do nothing; but they could fix it for free or give you a great price for keeping a customer happy. You've nothing to lose.