Random CTR Chat

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan LX, '17 CTR (PA Signed in WI, ETA 5/31-6/7, Blue)
Country flag
Mine moved up it now says june 4th - june 8th instead of just june 8th eta , so thats a plus lol
My dealer just let me know mine moved from 5/31 to 6/5-6/7. So delayed, but at least we have a solid window.
Sponsored

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you look at these pictures, in the front and rear bumper in the fake vents, or whatever they are called, you can see what either looks like a sensor, or maybe it's a covered mounting screw hole. In the front, it's right above the fog lights.
Rear parking sensors. Common on all new cars.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
They're prob just proximity sensors, front and rear. like you said to help you park/back out of spot. As one of the most common bits of damage on cars are usually scuffs on the corners of bumper covers, those sensors will prob come in handy for many. You can prob turn them off in the settings menu I'm assuming if you find the beeping annoying.

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
They're prob just proximity sensors, front and rear. like you said to help you park/back out of spot. As one of the most common bits of damage on cars are usually scuffs on the corners of bumper covers, those sensors will prob come in handy for many. You can prob turn them off in the settings menu I'm assuming if you find the beeping annoying.
That would make sense.
I have never had them on a car I owned, so I have no clue what they do.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
That would make sense.
I have never had them on a car I owned, so I have no clue what they do.
They just basically start to beep when the bumper starts to come close to and object, and as you move closer it beeps faster and faster, until its a solid/constand sound tone, which means stop or your going to hit something. They come in handy, especially if your judgement isn't all that great when parking or backing out in a tight spot.

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
They just basically start to beep when the bumper starts to come close to and object, and as you move closer it beeps faster and faster, until its a solid/constand sound tone, which means stop or your going to hit something. They come in handy, especially if your judgement isn't all that great when parking or backing out in a tight spot.
Thanks for the info. I've never hit anything in my cars because of poor judgement, but I'll probably leave them on anyway. Better safe than sorry if you ask me.

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
Thanks for the info. I've never hit anything in my cars because of poor judgement, but I'll probably leave them on anyway. Better safe than sorry if you ask me.
They are particularly handy if there's a low obstacle that you might not be able to see, such as a dog or small child that just ran out!

They would also have helped a cop I know of who was reversing a brand new police car into a parking space down by the harbor and it turned out that what he thought was the mast on one of the yachts was actually a street light, so it was quite a lot closer than he thought! Sadly that car didn't have any sensors, but made up for that with a nice dent in the back.
Sponsored