Rain sensing wipers?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Hi all. In doing my research on this car, I could've sworn that I read that it comes with rain sensing wipers (from multiple sources). However, when comparing my SI's wiper stalk to pictures of the regular Touring Civic's wiper controls, mine does not seem to have this feature. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Hi all. In doing my research on this car, I could've sworn that I read that it comes with rain sensing wipers (from multiple sources). However, when comparing my SI's wiper stalk to pictures of the regular Touring Civic's wiper controls, mine does not seem to have this feature. Am I missing something?
No, you're not missing anything - Honda did. :)

The initial press release that circulated online stated the Si had rain-sensing wipers and remote start - both of which were in error. Honda corrected their press release, but some media outlets did not update their articles.

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it did as well. But apparently it doesn't.

polished1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Country flag
Well I'll be damned. I thought it did when buying it, and I've thought it had them while I've been driving it. I expected it to just know what speed to go when it's raining but chalked it up to just being the feature where it slows down the wipers when you're stopped.... Good to know it doesn't actually have them.
Sponsored