Quick question about driving

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
alright, I don't know much about cards, here is my question. Two situations, traveling from A to B.

1) Freeway driving, no traffic, freeway route is a bit longer in time and distance. (10 mins longer and 5 miles longer)

2) Commute into the city, with red lights and light traffic. This commute is shorter in time and distance (10mins shorter, and 5 miles shorter.?

In term of driving, which is better in term of minimal wear/tear?
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
alright, I don't know much about cards, here is my question. Two situations, traveling from A to B.

1) Freeway driving, no traffic, freeway route is a bit longer in time and distance. (10 mins longer and 5 miles longer)

2) Commute into the city, with red lights and light traffic. This commute is shorter in time and distance (10mins shorter, and 5 miles shorter.?

Long-term? Highway. City driving = more wear and tear on brakes, tires, suspension etc. Engine at cruising speed has very minimal wear.

If this is about job A or job B, take whichever you want lol.

XLR8TOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T coupe, '00 Trans Am 'vert, '98 Dakota R/T
Country flag
Without a doubt, highway is better.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

@biosses The highway driving would be better for the car but it's a Civic... regardless of which route you take your car will last 10 years and 100,000+ miles without any major failures. Driving the city route won't cut the life of your car in half is what I am getting at.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Wear and tear, and sanity dictate the less stressful route - we bypass DC and NJ every chance we get. & you'll likely use less gas by getting better mpg.
Sponsored