Put My Type R on Dyno tonight. Stock whp numbers inside.

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
Interesting, did you log air/fuel ratios? I would like to see what that graph looks like. How many miles does your car have?

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
30 less whp and same torque as my old stock bmw E46 m3 used to make but with a much fatter torque curve (about 30lbs delta across the curve). Not bad power for 1/2 the price of a e46 m3 when new! and much better ROI when bolting on mods or a tune. Although better engine and exhaust noises out a straigh 6cyl at 8000RPM! Love these cars.

Honda Civic 10th gen Put My Type R on Dyno tonight. Stock whp numbers inside. 3baPnLN

Honda Civic 10th gen Put My Type R on Dyno tonight. Stock whp numbers inside. 98gGozR

Attachments

Last edited:

OP
OP

Xcell

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Interesting, did you log air/fuel ratios? I would like to see what that graph looks like. How many miles does your car have?
Didn't get air/fuel logs. By gauge on car it held about 19 lbs of boost. Car has about 500 miles on it.

OP
OP

Xcell

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
That looks like clutch slip around 4k RPM where you noticing any slippage?
No clutch slip. I think it's either pulling timing around that area or the boost spikes a few more lbs for a sec and then levels off.

OP
OP

Xcell

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
30 less whp and same torque as my old stock bmw E46 m3 used to make but with a much fatter torque curve (about 30lbs delta across the curve). Not bad power for 1/2 the price of a e46 m3 when new! and much better ROI when bolting on mods or a tune. Although better engine and exhaust noises out a straigh 6cyl at 8000RPM! Love these cars.

Honda Civic 10th gen Put My Type R on Dyno tonight. Stock whp numbers inside. 3baPnLN

Honda Civic 10th gen Put My Type R on Dyno tonight. Stock whp numbers inside. 98gGozR
Nice, thanks for sharing. Yes the R makes alot of low end torque and it's noticeable driving it. Agreed on the exhaust nite. The m series sound wicked. I will be doing something to this exhaust soon.

Attachments

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If this ECU is is anything like the 1.5t Ecu it definitely pulls timing with heat which means Kcontrol goes up and you wont reach max boost. I was seeing IATs in the 130s over the weekend on my ext and Kcontrol was in the .60s with max boost at 18.5 psi. 3 hrs later in the evening with IATs back down in the 110 range it was back to normal and pulling 21.5 psi.

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
If this ECU is is anything like the 1.5t Ecu it definitely pulls timing with heat which means Kcontrol goes up and you wont reach max boost. I was seeing IATs in the 130s over the weekend on my ext and Kcontrol was in the .60s with max boost at 18.5 psi. 3 hrs later in the evening with IATs back down in the 110 range it was back to normal and pulling 21.5 psi.
Yeah temps affect these cars hard. Some mornings on the way to work my IATs are in the 60s and 70s, the car feels like a beast compared to later in the afternoon when I leave seeing 100+ IATs