Pushing the VitTuned Civic Si past 260whp!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Type R motor, from the civic line, is better then the 2.0 turbo going into the accord
True, but if your going to do a 2.0 accord swap, you are probably going beef it up too while you have it out. At least I would. And I imagine thats where some company like PRL will make a kit like they are for the 1.5 right now
Sponsored

05NBPDC5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RDX A-Spec SH-AWD
Country flag
True, but if your going to do a 2.0 accord swap, you are probably going beef it up too while you have it out. At least I would. And I imagine thats where some company like PRL will make a kit like they are for the 1.5 right now
I have serious doubts of a need to open up the 2.0 from either the Accord or Civic below 500whp, and that's being conservative. I wouldn't be surprised if 600whp was possible from either with just a bigger turbo and supporting mods.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have serious doubts of a need to open up the 2.0 from either the Accord or Civic below 500whp, and that's being conservative. I wouldn't be surprised if 600whp was possible from either with just a bigger turbo and supporting mods.
while maybe that will be true, with age and experience, if Im going to do a swap with goals in the 500 range, Im going to do internals to make it less likely to have to go back and do it a few thousand miles in.

05NBPDC5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RDX A-Spec SH-AWD
Country flag
while maybe that will be true, with age and experience, if Im going to do a swap with goals in the 500 range, Im going to do internals to make it less likely to have to go back and do it a few thousand miles in.
I've got plenty of both, but prefer to do it with OEM if I can before turning to aftermarket. Everybody's got their own methodology I suppose. I'm thinking this will be a 500whp for a long time without issues on a stock block kind of engine, considering the stock output.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've got plenty of both, but prefer to do it with OEM if I can before turning to aftermarket. Everybody's got their own methodology I suppose. I'm thinking this will be a 500whp for a long time without issues on a stock block kind of engine, considering the stock output.
Im a 1.5t, is the 2.0 non turbo DI as well, and wont fueling become the issue on a 500whp build? Im by no means an expert, just kind of spitballing here. I imagine by the time swaps get popular there will be some kit that comes out for that too...

05NBPDC5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RDX A-Spec SH-AWD
Country flag
Im a 1.5t, is the 2.0 non turbo DI as well, and wont fueling become the issue on a 500whp build? Im by no means an expert, just kind of spitballing here. I imagine by the time swaps get popular there will be some kit that comes out for that too...
I only meant the DI 2.0T in the Accord and Civic R, the LX 2.0 NA engine would not be built to the same standards for sure. I would consider fuel under the supporting mods if changing parts became a necessity. Within a couple years I'm sure everything you can imagine will be available from someone for both engines. 4Piston is already working on head porting and exhaust parts for the 2.0T engine as well as a larger turbo.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I only meant the DI 2.0T in the Accord and Civic R, the LX 2.0 NA engine would not be built to the same standards for sure. I would consider fuel under the supporting mods if changing parts became a necessity. Within a couple years I'm sure everything you can imagine will be available from someone for both engines. 4Piston is already working on head porting and exhaust parts for the 2.0T engine as well as a larger turbo.
crap lol, see I confused myself, derp. yeah the 2.0t Exciting times ahead for tuners of these cars for sure. On a side not just loaded possibly my last cal for my custom tune from Vit this morning. If I like how it drives im done! Yay for @VitViper

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Won't you run into too many issues trying to put down that much power down to the wheel in the base civic without an LSD? And Torque steer?

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Won't you run into too many issues trying to put down that much power down to the wheel in the base civic without an LSD? And Torque steer?
You could always setup boost by gear and modify it as you try different suspension and wheel setups then just run max boost at higher speeds and gears with no spin. In a straight line anyway.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could always setup boost by gear and modify it as you try different suspension and wheel setups then just run max boost at higher speeds and gears with no spin. In a straight line anyway.
You can get boost by gear, I have it on my CVT right now, and it works awesome. If you are building a 500 hp swap, you are probably upgrading the trans and since these stock civics already have terrible clutches youll be pulling it anyway. And when all else fails, pay @VitViper for a MoTeC tune with full traction control!!!! FTW he already reverse engineered the CANBUS on the civicX.....

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I asked a local mechanic for a clutch install and I was quoted about $500 CAD. Do you guys think that's a fair price?

cheerios67

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
I asked a local mechanic for a clutch install and I was quoted about $500 CAD. Do you guys think that's a fair price?
If I remember right I read a post from vit saying it was a 8-10 hour job so that seems pretty good

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Last edited:

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey @VitViper,

Is the FX400 worth it even if you won't track the car but want the most power you can get from the 1.5T, or would the FX350 be fine?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Hey @VitViper,

Is the FX400 worth it even if you won't track the car but want the most power you can get from the 1.5T, or would the FX350 be fine?
I'd be curious to know this as well. I have no track plans - just want to have the potential to make big power when the new larger turbo comes out without sacrificing driveability (I recall reading that some of the higher end clutches are uncomfortable to drive with during day to day commuting).
Sponsored