Pushing the VitTuned Civic Si past 260whp!

RetroJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T 6MT ViTuned
Country flag
I am amazed at what tuners like Vit have done already with this 1.5. I think its much more interesting to see what can be done with this than some run of the mill 2.0 that's already been done to death.
HOw many of those will push 300TQ and 40MPG?
Sponsored

Chanman1086

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LSM 2016 Honda Civic
@VitViper, are you still able to tune with Hondata? I am looking to trade my CVT in for an Si. I currently have the FlashPro, but I'm really liking the numbers that you are putting down with just a tune, clutch, and dp. Thanks!

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
@VitViper, are you still able to tune with Hondata? I am looking to trade my CVT in for an Si. I currently have the FlashPro, but I'm really liking the numbers that you are putting down with just a tune, clutch, and dp. Thanks!
Of course, we support both for our customers. KTuner is our go-to if you really want to open it up -- and there's stuff I can tune that you can't with FlashPro.

Hm so with a new clutch & down pipe with 94 Canadian Gas, Max is 235? Or are you talking about just a tune without a clutch upgrade.
Depends on the 94... a lot of Canadian 94 is like our 91...

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Of course, we support both for our customers. KTuner is our go-to if you really want to open it up -- and there's stuff I can tune that you can't with FlashPro.

Depends on the 94... a lot of Canadian 94 is like our 91...
I use Petro Ultra 94.

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
Can someone walk me through the canned/off the shelf tuning options and prices? I'm seeing Hondata and Ktuner as the two main companies with either devices or software. Looks like Hondata is more canned with some individual tuning ability, and Ktuner is able to dig deeper into the ECU. My current tuning experience is basically a canned tune with Malone in Canada for my diesel VW Jetta; I went to a dealer's house in Georgia, pulled the ECU program out, emailed it to Canada, Malone tweaked some parameters, we re-downloaded to my ECU, +25 hp, + 50 tq. Just what I was looking for and it's still really fun at 170whp, 300wtq. I think this is more the route I want to go sometime after I get my Si in a few weeks. While I like the general idea of upgrading various components I probably will not follow through. (I had great ideas for the Jetta but stopped at the tune as it was fun enough). So, is a local Hondata/Ktuner dealer able to install a canned tune (+6psi / +9 psi, etc) for $350 like I've seen? I'm not as interested in paying $700 for the flashpro or ktuner module only to use it once for a canned tine. (Bad auto engineer, bad!). Also, what do the +6 and +9PSI boosts top out at, and what's the safe limit for the turbo? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone walk me through the canned/off the shelf options and prices? I'm seeing Hondata and Ktuner as the two main "parents" or companies with either devices or software. Looks like Hondata is more canned but with some individual tuning ability, and Ktuner is able to dig much deeper into the ECU settings. My current tuning experience is basically a canned tune with Malone in Canada for my diesel VW Jetta; I went to a dealer's house in Georgia and essentially did a remote reflash (pulled the ECU program out, emailed it to Canada, Malone tweaked some parameters, we re-downloaded to my ECU, +25 hp, + 50 tq). I think this is more the route I want to go once I get my Si. I like the general idea of upgrading the intake, downpipe, etc, but will most likely not follow through as it's just a daily driver. So, is a local Hondata/Ktuner dealer able to install a canned tune (+6psi / +9 psi, etc) for $350 like I think I've seen? I'm not as interested in paying $700 for the flashpro or ktuner module to use it once and put a canned tune on. (Bad auto engineer, bad!).
So you can find a Hondata dealer, go in and get a 1 time flash and go for around $350, That Hondata flash is one time flash with no tuneability. They are very basic changes that improve the drive of the car and add some power but are very reserved. The Ktuner v1 retails for $449 and gets you 6 base tunes, 3 that are locked, stage 0 1 and 2, and 3 tunes that have end user quick adjustments, Starter 16.5 18 and 21, referring to the psi they put out. You own the hardware and download the software to your laptop. There are 4-5 user adjustments you can make from turbo spool, throttle responsiveness, boost ramp rate and such and you have the ability to flash back to stock for any dealer visits. The adjustments are drop down boxes and you literally cant screw it up. Also, the Ktuner can be unlocked from your civic after you flash back to stock and then used on other Hondas that Ktuner supports if you were to get rid of your civic. for a $100 extra dollars you retain much more control, own the hardware and dont have to schedule a visit to your local hondata dealer to flashback to stock for your visit to your Honda dealer.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Can someone walk me through the canned/off the shelf tuning options and prices? I'm seeing Hondata and Ktuner as the two main companies with either devices or software. Looks like Hondata is more canned with some individual tuning ability, and Ktuner is able to dig deeper into the ECU. My current tuning experience is basically a canned tune with Malone in Canada for my diesel VW Jetta; I went to a dealer's house in Georgia, pulled the ECU program out, emailed it to Canada, Malone tweaked some parameters, we re-downloaded to my ECU, +25 hp, + 50 tq. Just what I was looking for and it's still really fun at 170whp, 300wtq. I think this is more the route I want to go sometime after I get my Si in a few weeks. While I like the general idea of upgrading various components I probably will not follow through. (I had great ideas for the Jetta but stopped at the tune as it was fun enough). So, is a local Hondata/Ktuner dealer able to install a canned tune (+6psi / +9 psi, etc) for $350 like I've seen? I'm not as interested in paying $700 for the flashpro or ktuner module only to use it once for a canned tine. (Bad auto engineer, bad!). Also, what do the +6 and +9PSI boosts top out at, and what's the safe limit for the turbo? Thanks in advance!
Better you pay $700 for Ktuner + Custom Tune from Vit than stock maps.

+9 PSI tops out at 24 but you barely hit that number. Realistic is 22.

Night and Day difference.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

But he wasnt looking for custom, so Ktuner v1 should be the way to go. Cheaper than v2 with all the same goodies minus the touchscreen

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag

So the ~$700 includes the device and a tune? I'm looking at this for reference - http://vittuned.com/ktunerflash-etune-combo.html I'm seeing the merit of the flashpro - the custom tune helps dial things in after getting a base power increase. So, how does Vit get the ECU program to work on? Does the Ktuner pull it off and I email it to him? (Then he tweaks it, I load the program back on, data log, send the results to him, he adjusts - rinse and repeat?) And, there's no middle-man dealer, just the customer and Vit working via the ktuner device?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So the ~$700 includes the device and a tune? I'm looking at this for reference - http://vittuned.com/ktunerflash-etune-combo.html Not trying to confuse you guys, but I see the merit of the flashpro - the custom tune helps dial things in after getting a base power increase. So, how does Vit get the ECU program to work on? Does the Ktuner pull it off and I email it to him? (Then he tweaks it, I load the program back on, data log, send the results to him, he adjusts - rinse and repeat?)
The combo tune gets you the hardware/software you need to datalog and flash your ecu and a custom tune by Vit. He will send you a calibration to download to the Ktuner software, you will then flash the ECU with provided hardware with that calibration, He will ask you to datalog some driving time like 10-15 minutes of city driving and then a wide open throttle pull. You will then save that datalog and send it to him on his website he provides. He will tweak the calibration and send it back to you to repeat the process. This will go on until he feels you car tune is perfect for your car and what you asked him to do.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So the ~$700 includes the device and a tune? I'm looking at this for reference - http://vittuned.com/ktunerflash-etune-combo.html I'm seeing the merit of the flashpro - the custom tune helps dial things in after getting a base power increase. So, how does Vit get the ECU program to work on? Does the Ktuner pull it off and I email it to him? (Then he tweaks it, I load the program back on, data log, send the results to him, he adjusts - rinse and repeat?) And, there's no middle-man dealer, just the customer and Vit working via the ktuner device?
Here is a video of how it works

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
He'll give you a base calibration, you load it and follow his instructions.

It's basically

1. First log is 20-25 minute of normal driving no WOT
Rest are just 20-25 minute of driving and WOTs at 2000rpm in 2nd gear.

The last few he will make drive like you stole the car, that's the most fun part haha.

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
Thanks SO Much guys! If I do add other goodies, it looks like it's only $100 which is pretty dang affordable! Is the tune permanently installed full-time, or can it be tied into the Sport button as a toggle switch (like Hondata)?

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Thanks SO Much guys! If I do add other goodies, it looks like it's only $100 which is pretty dang affordable! Is the tune permanently installed full-time, or can it be tied into the Sport button as a toggle switch (like Hondata)?
It's permanently installed -- but there's some advanced features coming for sport button ;)
Sponsored