Pull the trigger or not?

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I'd definitely hold off for awhile. There's just too many problems with the new Civic's right now. I really didn't believe it at first but now this Vlogger on YouTube is having issues with his brand new Sport Hatch. This is just after he posted the reliability was great!..and now it is NOT great.

I looked at all the issues/repairs/TSP/recalls thread last night and there are just too many issues to ignore. We're all so conditioned to believe Honda's are issue free but that's simply not the case anymore..at least with the new gen's first year or two.

I myself was about to pull the trigger and get a Sport Hatch. However, I'm going to wait until I have full faith that Honda has worked out all these bugs. Right now it's looking like the 2019 models at the earliest for me.

Good luck with whatever decision you make!
Sponsored

Civiccoupe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe EX T HS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
have you looked at a coupe? sportier than the sedan but not as goofy looking as the sport hatch or the SI, (with all the flaps,scoops,and spoilers) also, the coupe isn't just a sedan with two less doors,it's a completely different car. Stiffer springs and shocks, larger beefier sway bars, the body is lower, wider, and shorter(from bumper to bumper), the car is designed more for handling and cornering than the sedan. I drove both before I bought mine and you can definetly feel a difference in the handling, but the ride is a little firmer which some may not like. I think it also may have a quicker steering ratio.
Yes I agree. Go coupe. You'll love it as I did

Civiccoupe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe EX T HS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't like turbo engines, so I wouldn't get either one. I would get the EX before either of those. But I prefer the LX myself. I don't pay for useless tech. For me anyway.
What ! You Don't like turbo..wow that is why I trade my 2015 coupe for the 2016 ex turbo. Along with other reasons of course too.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
This needs to be clarified further. Certain trims are having more issues. Us people with the base Sedans and Coupes, with the exception of minor recall or quick fix, have been able to enjoy our cars. Of course, there are still some unhappy campers even among the base models, but it's a very small percentage. If you think we're having issues, go buy a Chevy, Dodge, or Ford, and then come back and say that. ;)
Quote from the original poster of this thread:
"I'm stuck between getting the Sport Touring Hatchback and the Touring Sedan"

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd definitely hold off for awhile. There's just too many problems with the new Civic's right now. I really didn't believe it at first but now this Vlogger on YouTube is having issues with his brand new Sport Hatch. This is just after he posted the reliability was great!..and now it is NOT great.

I looked at all the issues/repairs/TSP/recalls thread last night and there are just too many issues to ignore. We're all so conditioned to believe Honda's are issue free but that's simply not the case anymore..at least with the new gen's first year or two.

I myself was about to pull the trigger and get a Sport Hatch. However, I'm going to wait until I have full faith that Honda has worked out all these bugs. Right now it's looking like the 2019 models at the earliest for me.

Which person on YouTube was that? I'd like to find out more.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just look up Vlogging Adventures with Rob..he posted a video and a live chat yesterday about his problems.
Found it. Looks like the dealer tore up the hood in when he took it in. I hate it for the guy, he worked hard to find that car.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Found it. Looks like the dealer tore up the hood in when he took it in. I hate it for the guy, he worked hard to find that car.

Yep, I've had dealers ding my car before, they did a great job fixing it so that should be the least of Rob's worries right now!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, I've had dealers ding my car before, they did a great job fixing it so that should be the least of Rob's worries right now!
Reminds me of the time a car audio shop scratched my car and thought the best plan of action was to have it painted over without telling me. Thankfully at some point they wised up and came clean about it.

OP
OP
vonHelms

vonHelms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I appreciate all the replies so far, lots of good info.

As for those who recommended the Coupe, I have also thought about that too. It looks really good.

I have only test driven the Sedan so far, but I am planning on going in and testing all 3 this Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully I can make a decision then.

Also, if I were to wait and see what they announce for the 2018 models, when do they usually release that info.

Thanks again, appreciate the help guys!

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
What I think is funny about vids like that, is that they are pointless. Nothing gets resolved, nothing gets fixed. He even said it wasn't resolved at the end. So what was the point of the vid? Why not state at the beginning of the vid that nothing gets resolved, save us the 7 minutes. I'm not being a butt, I'm being serious. Why not wait UNTIL it's resolved, then make a vid? Maybe I'm missing the point, but I just never understood the amount of people that like to make vids just to hear themselves talk.
He's actually been very helpful. He's one of the few guys on YouTube who has the civic hatchback and he's willing to answer dozens of questions every day. He's also giving a lot of early adopters something to think about with his latest ordeal.

cdmta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
Country flag

No problems here. The biggest problem the vlogger had was some punk running it into the overhead door at the shop.

OP
OP
vonHelms

vonHelms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
So I went out for some test drives today. After sitting in the coupe, I immediately took that off the list. Since I already test drove the sedan, I went for a drive in the hatch. And just like that, I fell in love. Handled a lot better than the sedan, and in person it just looks so damn good. So I've made my decision on the Sport Touring Hatchback, now I just have to decide on a color. I'm pretty set on the Polished Metal, but that Aegean Blue looks damn good too. Black is also another nice option. Lots to think about still haha.

Enly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z
I would get the Coupe if I had the chance, since I only drive myself and sometimes my girlfriends and friends, bought the hatch though cause it's the only one that will be offered for the next few years where I live

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
So I went out for some test drives today. After sitting in the coupe, I immediately took that off the list. Since I already test drove the sedan, I went for a drive in the hatch. And just like that, I fell in love. Handled a lot better than the sedan, and in person it just looks so damn good. So I've made my decision on the Sport Touring Hatchback, now I just have to decide on a color. I'm pretty set on the Polished Metal, but that Aegean Blue looks damn good too. Black is also another nice option. Lots to think about still haha.
The hatch is a good choice, and the colors you listed (except black) are two great choices :)
Sponsored