Proud New Owner

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
Lol. Sorry about that. I am as excited as some you guys.

The shifting isn't bad in the GTI. I added a clutch stop immediately. Damn it was long and the friction point was definitely more than halfway before clutch stop. Now it's good.

I'm not doubting the new civics are more reliable. The VW 2.0T is proven. It is all the other little stuff bringing it down. Already did a radio swap and having a minor problem with the new one. Can we say 2012 civic SI? And all the little infotainment problems Honda and other OEM's are having with AA and CP still being new? Not to mention, the peeps snapping up the new SIs are buying the first model of an overhauled refresh with turbo added. Like I said I'm still pumped up. Eager to see videos of the handling and impressions of the shifting.

Who know? Honda could have changed shifting with the much lower RPMs and turbo. Doubtful. One thought ng I can say it is nice having the option of getting up to 60mph/100kmh in 2nd gear. Booyah. Jk. It's nice for 0-60 tests. Daily driving smooth shifting with smooth clutch and gear shifter are a better value. We are comparing FWD cars the least prepared for drag racing.

One other thing to consider for those inclined is I am not jealous of the digital clusters. Having my speedo digital in my 9th was nice. Having analog needles for tach and speed is nicer. For me. The MK7.5 refresh will have digital display with nav in the front cluster. Nice for usability. Some of the Honda fans might drool over that. Plus the refreshed GTIs we getting led heads and tails. I am a little envious of that.

It is what it is. We buy cars when we can. Upgrade if it is feasible. Hopefully at the end of the day you get most of what you want, everything you need and the best reliability you can hope for.

Btw, rev matching is easier in the GTI. I probably just suck at it, but I've been hitting smooth downshifts far more frequently than my 9th. Now that I'm hitting it better I am starting to wonder if it was less to do with rev hang and more to do with torque. I grin from ear to ear dropping from 6th to 3rd going bonkers fast smoother than an automatic. Dropping from 6th to 4th in my 9th gen and only getting a smooth transition about â…“ of the time rarely made me smile. Just another thing to consider for the guys on the fence with the GTI and SI and need a test drive.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
i was just on the 400 southbound and saw a tranport truck loaded with hondas. At the veru back was a white Si coupe and further in eas a black sedan. They're here!

geoken2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch sport
Country flag
i was just on the 400 southbound and saw a transport truck loaded with hondas. At the veru back was a white Si coupe and further in eas a black sedan. They're here!
I saw one actually on the street Saturday in Mississauga.

It was a lime green coupe. It caught my eye at first because of the front bumper, then I saw the SI badge and as I drove by I noticed the wing.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
I saw one actually on the street Saturday in Mississauga.

It was a lime green coupe. It caught my eye at first because of the front bumper, then I saw the SI badge and as I drove by I noticed the wing.
Any chance you happen to hear the exhaust note?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
i was just on the 400 southbound and saw a tranport truck loaded with hondas. At the veru back was a white Si coupe and further in eas a black sedan. They're here!
They're in Halifax too. My dealer says the cars are in the auto port in Dartmouth and they're supposed be released the first week of June.

Inertiaman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback
Country flag