Pros and cons of muffler delete

Badongski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Im from Cali and im thinking of doing a muffler delete on my 10th gen coupe 1.5 ex-t. I want to know its pros and cons
Thanks
Sponsored

qexler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 tacoma
You won't honestly gain much if anything power wise... the dual mufflers flow pretty darn well, larger pipe size from the downpipe and midpipe would yield more power. It would sound alright though, most all turbo cars have a nice deep tone. If it is a cvt however be ready for constant exhaust sound while moving with no shift points to break it up.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Badongski @qexler I agree that if you have the CVT it will be a constant exhaust sound. I have the 2.0L CVT with a custom exhaust and I have to say unless your exhaust sounds nice you won't like a straight piped CVT especially with the 1.5L. Given that the 1.5l has less growl than the 2.0L I couldn't imagine that sounding very good so I would suggest having at least some sort of muffler on it.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just dropped the left one off, left the right one on there. It doesn't drone too terrible, I do find myself driving exclusively with the paddle shifters now though, to avoid the constant 2500rpm. Sound is litterally the only pro and con, depending what you like. Give it a shot, two 14mm bolts if i'm not mistaken, just behind the left muffler and one single rubber hangar.

qexler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 tacoma
I've done tons of exhaust work on small turbo applications... with shift points and gears it would sounds great, not great with a cvt... and won't increase power at all by removing just the mufflers. You could gain a good bit if you removed the resonator, catalytic converters, and mufflers though. Turbo cars like to be wide open (truly straight piped) with everything removed. But your talking about a lot more noise...

OP
OP
Badongski

Badongski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys. I want to have a good deep sound.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks guys. I want to have a good deep sound.
@Badongski The stock piping won't give you much of a deep sound, if that's what you're after go with a wider diameter muffler and exhaust piping. I think that stock is 2 inches and I moved up to 2.5 inches on my 2.0L

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
im currently looking at possibly doing a muffler delete for my hatch sport. i just want a bit more noise without it sounding horrible. just want that low growl.

OP
OP
Badongski

Badongski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic coupe
Vehicle Showcase
@Badongski The stock piping won't give you much of a deep sound, if that's what you're after go with a wider diameter muffler and exhaust piping. I think that stock is 2 inches and I moved up to 2.5 inches on my 2.0L
Thanks bro do you have a sound clip?

fc two

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
integra gsr integra ls civic's
Country flag
its more louder on the 2.0 rather then the 1.5 I think its because its turbo but I petty sure they have exhaust out for em
Sponsored