Production 2018 Civic Type R Official Leaked Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKTMKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
Pretty sure majority of buyers will be under 25. I bet you will have the lowest insurance rate!
Possibly, but I'm just like BA. I love the looks of this car and been waiting also for it, am 51 y.o. and 2nd on the list with a deposit down. Probably my mid-life crisis but I think it will be a lot of fun...
Sponsored

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
They aren't lasting much more than about 3,000 miles on the test mules. Don't ask me how I know. Additionally, UTQG numbers are nothing more than computer generated numbers established by the tire manufacture. Never put faith in a UTQG number.

This car will go through a lot of consumables. If you buy the caR, you should be prepared to go through tires like it's cool.
I can understand that..but if there going through a brand new set of rubber in 3k.. they must be giving them a pretty good testing. There is no way going through a set of prob 1500 tires is normal wear and tear for 3000 miles. That's like 5000kms(Canadian) so basically I would have to put a new set of tires on every oil change? Average 25000kms a year im spending 7500 bucks in tires. There's no way. Unless I'm doing epic burnouts just to go get the mail?... well maybe if I'm excepting a parcel

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
I don't know... I think someone under 25 will not likely have the means and/or credit to do it. I'm sure there will be exceptions to this. I can tell you that at 25 I couldn't do it.

As far as insurance... I'm with USAA so I suspect in the grand scheme of things my rate will be good... :)

BA
I agree..it's not that they wouldn't want the car, but it might be out of reach as far as getting approved. Might not be that they don't have the income, but the credit is just not there yet, I run into that a lot when selling. Safe bet to say there will be some co-signers getting dragging into Honda dealerships all across the land

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I hope we can get 10000 on the tires.

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
Probably my mid-life crisis but I think it will be a lot of fun...
I'm 45 and right there with you... My wife is better with this (although she thinks I'll look like a loon with that spoiler and won't be seen in it...) But she figure's it's a lot better than a Ferrari or a 24 yo hottie on the side. I agree.. that it will be less expensive than the other 2 choices.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Based on the ages of the mayority of potential buyers we are seeing, it confirms what most of us already have been saying. I'm 41 and have wanted one for as long as I can remember. I certainly was not able to buy one at 21 years of age. My driving record and ins after a couple tickets by 18 made sure of that. Paying 2800.00 a year for liability alone and in the high risk group. Ahh the shit you do when you're 17 and think you're invincible. I literally worked just for my car and ins.

Dare I say, being under 30 and owning one will not be the rule, but the exception.

atwellb79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Si, 335xi
Country flag
I'm 45 and right there with you... My wife is better with this (although she thinks I'll look like a loon with that spoiler and won't be seen in it...) But she figure's it's a lot better than a Ferrari or a 24 yo hottie on the side. I agree.. that it will be less expensive than the other 2 choices.
Same boat, but 37. I think we will see more people in the range of 30-45. Had an 06 Si and sold that for a BMW 335 in 2011. First in line with my deposit down. Can't wait to get back into a Honda.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
They are heavy in testing, likely playing with alignment, power output and such.

Summer tires that begin with 8/32'nds or 9/32nd's tread depth combined with an aggressive vehicle with high power output, should be expected to wear rather quickly. Welcome to the club of high strung cars. If the average person gets 6-8,000 miles out of them, I think they should be ecstatic. A race car for the road is just that.

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
They are heavy in testing, likely playing with alignment, power output and such.

Summer tires that begin with 8/32'nds or 9/32nd's tread depth combined with an aggressive vehicle with high power output, should be expected to wear rather quickly. Welcome to the club of high strung cars. If the average person gets 6-8,000 miles out of them, I think they should be ecstatic. A race car for the road is just that.
These aren't cup 2 tires and the civic is not really a race car. Nobody knows if it overheats on track or what its issues are yet. Fact is 20" rims are going to make tires even more expensive. Stock tires are pointless anyhow many will change within a year.

shutupish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Country flag
Would it be dumb to put a deposit down at a dealership? What if another dealership gets the typeR before the one you put a deposit on

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
These aren't cup 2 tires and the civic is not really a race car. Nobody knows if it overheats on track or what its issues are yet. Fact is 20" rims are going to make tires even more expensive. Stock tires are pointless anyhow many will change within a year.
Couldn't agree more about the tire selection. Continental Sport Contact6 is what the car will wear and I expect any summer tire will melt off of this car.

Honda has called the car a race car for the road and is what I am basing my opinion on.

Last edited:

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR
Has anyone noticed on the passenger side in the photo of the rear, that the red pinstripe seems to be photoshopped/edited/weird and does not follow the line of the lip? Zoom in a ton and it looks... Not quite right. Also that corner looks to be glossy, hopefully that means the lip/skirts will be carbon fibre.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.