Not open for further replies.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmmmm sounds like a unicorn of a car. With it sounding like it's rare to come by, expect a good mark up and a long waiting list. I hope I'm wrong but good luck to all of you who want one.
Sponsored

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I work at a Honda dealership in new car sales and it's not looking good for me to even be able to get one lol... supposedly we're getting 7-8 for the entire year... I cannot wait until Geneva to get official specs, numbers, pricing, etc if possible...
I've mentioned a few times regarding availability and how I believe there won't be a shortage of caR's. More-so, I believe that dealers are hyping the car to justify mark-up. While some people are posting that their dealer has orders pending, know what they are getting, etc, just as many are indicating they haven't a clue about the car. There is too munch uncertainty amongst the community to believe dealers have orders, know what they are getting, or even how many they are getting. It just doesn't add up to me.

699 S2k CR's were available
3800 ITR's were available
1000 Mugen Si's were available

That said, these were all known limited production vehicles. They were never hard to get, either. There may not have been one on the Honda lot down the street but if you wanted one, you could buy one somewhere within a few hundred mile radius. To date, Honda has not indicated a limited production run of the next gen R, in fact they have said quite the opposite.

I am just as pumped as the next guy about the R. As mentioned, I am probably the poster child for a Honda fanboy. I have a difficult time believing the caR will be difficult to get.

Only a few more days...

Honda4LifeAU

Number 1 Honda Fan from Australia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD K20, Jazz GE
A few more days. I hope someone will be streaming the press conference at the Honda stand. I want to watch it Live from Sydney, Australia...

Also just noticed we cant see the side profile yet to see if it retains the 20" wheels.

Last edited:

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
A few more days. I hope someone will be streaming the press conference at the Honda stand. I want to watch it Live from Sydney, Australia...

Also just noticed we cant see the side profile yet to see if it retains the 20" wheels.
I think Honda purposely hasn't leaked a side profile shot since the wheel size is probably the only aesthetic unknown about this car.

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
I agree they will be available. My dealer sat on a mugen Si for a very long time as well as S2Ks. They will sell the first few quick but Honda is always good at product roll out

I've mentioned a few times regarding availability and how I believe there won't be a shortage of caR's. More-so, I believe that dealers are hyping the car to justify mark-up. While some people are posting that their dealer has orders pending, know what they are getting, etc, just as many are indicating they haven't a clue about the car. There is too munch uncertainty amongst the community to believe dealers have orders, know what they are getting, or even how many they are getting. It just doesn't add up to me.

699 S2k CR's were available
3800 ITR's were available
1000 Mugen Si's were available

That said, these were all known limited production vehicles. They were never hard to get, either. There may not have been one on the Honda lot down the street but if you wanted one, you could buy one somewhere within a few hundred mile radius. To date, Honda has not indicated a limited production run of the next gen R, in fact they have said quite the opposite.

I am just as pumped as the next guy about the R. As mentioned, I am probably the poster child for a Honda fanboy. I have a difficult time believing the caR will be difficult to get.

Only a few more days...

The_Fenix_2.0

Brett Bynes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Country flag
Also just noticed we cant see the side profile yet to see if it retains the 20" wheels
Also they're low res photos, so you can't tell exactly if the bumper has actual functional vents, or the good ol' "honeycomb grille inserts".

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
Those that are buying or considering. Would it matter if the tires only lasted for 3000 miles before needing replaced? Just curious

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Those that are buying or considering. Would it matter if the tires only lasted for 3000 miles before needing replaced? Just curious
I can't see my tires needing replacement after 3k miles... oddly enough, if they did, spending 40k on a car, another few bucks for decent tires won't kill me. Can't say I'd be happy

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure what you mean by that.

If you track the car often, of course that will cut into your tread life, but that's part of the hobby. I seriously doubt this car will be a tire-eater on a regular basis unless you drive like Clarkson. The previous version wasn't.

The MCM guys run similar tires on Super Gramps and don't seem to have tire issues, and it's a similar power point.

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
I can't see my tires needing replacement after 3k miles... oddly enough, if they did, spending 40k on a car, another few bucks for decent tires won't kill me. Can't say I'd be happy
With 306 to the FRONT wheels, turning, and 70% of braking I would say they would be lucky to last 3k miles with me. You will either have some slip then traction control cut in, or a bunch of slip/wheel hop and go nowhere/understeer.

They better not let anyone test drive one

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
With 306 to the FRONT wheels, turning, and 70% of braking I would say they would be lucky to last 3k miles with me. You will either have some slip then traction control cut in, or a bunch of slip/wheel hop and go nowhere/understeer.

They better not let anyone test drive one
True enough, I would say everyone prob has a different way of driving. I personally have no track anywheres near me, and I don't go into every corner at full tilt. I've had plenty of soft, fast wearing tires, but they always seemed to live a sufficient life... until there smokey funeral service

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think 3,000 miles for a 240 tread wear rating is a little pessimistic. Of course it all depends on how you drive, but unless you are doing repeated burn outs or tracking it on weekends, these should last at least 10,000 miles even with aggressive road driving. I have a set of Bridgestones with 280 tread wear & they have almost 30,000 miles on them with a few k left. I don't drive recklessly or bash my tires, but I don't putter around either.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.