Prl stage 1 vs af intake which is better?

Badongski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Im planning to get a good intake with a good price. Which is better between prl stage 1 and af dynamic? TIA
Sponsored

Lybrik

First Name
Kirby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x
Country flag
I just bought the af intake. I'll let you know what I think of the quality after i get it.

DarthMinnow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Civic Hatch LX CVT
Country flag
Makes virtually no power, and heat soaks. Just like the injen and mishimoto and afe. Also they use a crappy filter for the af intake.
Except the injen is actually a real cold air intake. The filter is located down in the bumper. You get power once you tune the car.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Except the injen is actually a real cold air intake. The filter is located down in the bumper. You get power once you tune the car.
Yes you do pick up a little bit more power with the cold air version. I'm willing to bet you'll get a bit more power with the Prl cold air intake, which is what I'd rather spend my money on.

Lybrik

First Name
Kirby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x
Country flag
If you buy the af intake you get a double loss from all the ayce sushi you're gonna buy with the money saved

OP
OP
Badongski

Badongski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Will the prl produce good sound? Icant go with the cai coz im driving 200miles a day and i dont want to remove my bumper everytime i replace or recharge my filter.

DarthMinnow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Civic Hatch LX CVT
Country flag
Will the prl produce good sound? Icant go with the cai coz im driving 200miles a day and i dont want to remove my bumper everytime i replace or recharge my filter.
You don't have to remove the bumper to install a cold air intake. I kept it on when I installed the injen one.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
AF is an Injen clone, SRI and CAI versions. I had AF on my 9th Si and loved it. Tough to beat for the price.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
You don't need to take the bumper off, also even if you did, it's not hard. And you don't need to change the air filter on it for a long time. Intake filters last awhile.