1.5T PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not saying have both tunes how would that work? come on it's common sense, a flash pro and a custom tune
Haha ok, i think its the drugs for the flu im on go me loopy. Vit got some great numbers on his custom tune for his MT on high octane across the rpm band.
Sponsored

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha ok, i think its the drugs for the flu im on go me loopy. Vit got some great numbers on his custom tune for his MT on high octane across the rpm band.
sorry man, it's going around.

I've seen! clutch is slipping though, but man I just want that low end. if I can get it with the custom tune that I'm for sure getting anyways...theres really no other reason to add anything performance wise other than handling.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not saying have both tunes how would that work? come on it's common sense, a flash pro and a custom tune

I see what your saying now, I said "reflash" I meant flash pro my apologies. but back to topic, would that not be a better route?
We were speaking the wrong language! For me, until we know what the CVT can handle, im good with a nice custom tune. Looking at the gains to be had from a good tuner there is power added in the right spots where the cvt loves to sit when full throttle. But i can be easily convinced to go downpipe if the cvt will take more power.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We were speaking the wrong language! For me, until we know what the CVT can handle, im good with a nice custom tune. Looking at the gains to be had from a good tuner there is power added in the right spots where the cvt loves to sit when full throttle. But i can be easily convinced to go downpipe if the cvt will take more power.
I rarely go full throttle, but I like it between 3k-4k in S. I want more of that down low without having to switch to sport. just looking for more get up and go from D. hate how it dulls out around 2k

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
So were these numbers stock with just the catted downpipe and mid pipe? Or anything else done to it?
Yes, stock with nothing else done to it. Blue line, bone stock car like you would buy at Honda. Red line, same car, just simply added our downpipe and front pipe. Green line, same car as the red line, but we also added Hondata's OTS (off the shelf) +6 PSI reflash.

hope someone does an Install video
We can definitely do an install video or writeup. The installation is pretty straight forward, though we'd be happy to help!

so tuned means Custom tuned? or just with the +6psi base map?
No custom tuning whatsoever was done here, just loaded in Hondata's supplied OTS +6 psi map.

It says Hondata's 6+psi reflash
:thumbsup:

can't wait to hear it as well
You can watch the video on our instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQTZPCPjf3t/?taken-by=prlmotorsports&hl=en It was still very quiet, maybe a bit deeper in tone compared to the stock pieces. We expect more noise out of the catless version.

wonder how this compares to a custom tune, if you could still pick up that improvement down low. custom tune would be much less expensive.
A custom tune is always better than a base tune from Hondata. They keep them safe and conservative more as a base to start from but im not sure a custom tune is cheaper, you still need flashpro or ktuner. For the basic beginner customer or someone on the fence about the presale, this was meant to show you gains right out of the box, basically install the pipes, flash the ecu with a base tune and drive. These are amazing results
A custom tune will most definitely make more power and yield more gains, just look at how much power Vit has made so far with his bone stock 1.5T 6MT car. We were going to do some tuning to see what we could squeak out of it, but felt it would be rather unfair because it would take away from our product's gains and put more emphasis on the tuning itself.

Basically we wanted to show before and after numbers with no tuning and what to expect for the average Hondata owner. These results can and will be able to be repeated by any customer anywhere.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I rarely go full throttle, but I like it between 3k-4k in S. I want more of that down low without having to switch to sport. just looking for more get up and go from D. hate how it dulls out around 2k
Keep in mind that it is extremely difficult to dyno a CVT car, because of the continuous power band and shift points. When doing dyno pulls, the pull has to be started at about 4000 RPM or else the car wants to shift. The bottom end gains showed between 4000 - 4750 RPM will be able to be seen much lower, at around 2000 - 3000 RPM on a 6MT car or when driving your CVT car around on the street. It's just difficult to show this in a dyno graph.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep in mind that it is extremely difficult to dyno a CVT car, because of the continuous power band and shift points. When doing dyno pulls, the pull has to be started at about 4000 RPM or else the car wants to shift. The bottom end gains showed between 4000 - 4750 RPM will be able to be seen much lower, at around 2000 - 3000 RPM on a 6MT car or when driving your CVT car around on the street. It's just difficult to show this in a dyno graph.
*sigh* CVTs... my first and last one. good to know though, thanks.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I'm working on a beefier clutch for out 6MT test car as I've hit it's limits just tuning the car... a replacement is in the works.

As for the turbo, I stopped at 26.5psi on the factory Civic turbo -- it can put out probably 30psi in the mid range for even more torque, it just won't hold this to the top end and the clutch didn't like even 26psi. We'll see how much boost it holds with a freer flowing DP through the top rpm's.

Since the compressor wheel on the CRV/Si turbo is the same, expect boost levels to be comparable, but the turbo should be freer flowing through the exhaust due to the turbine wheel changes -- so should be a few "free" hp there.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
When is the cat less pipe, just the downpipe. Available? And the stock exhaust attachment. What's the price currently? Shipping time to Maine?

Getting some exhuast work soon xD

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When is the cat less pipe, just the downpipe. Available? And the stock exhaust attachment. What's the price currently? Shipping time to Maine?

Getting some exhuast work soon xD
We are only selling the downpipe and front pipe together as an assembly. These should be ready to ship by the beginning of April, we will be taking pre-orders until they ship. Catless assemblies are $624.99 retail with a 10% discount for now until the list gets higher and the discount goes up. We require a 50% deposit (off retail) to join the pre-order, stock exhaust attachments are included free in pre-orders. Transit time should take 3 days to Maine once in stock.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Update: For anyone hoping that an angled defouler or o2 spacer will keep CELs clear, this doesn't look to be the case over the past week of street testing.
which defouler did you use? heard the J ones works the best
https://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-1161...TF8&qid=1487026139&sr=8-1&keywords=j+defouler
I asked Hondata if they would release a race version map for this. Doug response was

The EPA is coming down very strongly on businesses that offer products that disable emissions controls. Some US tuning companies have been fined, forced to recall and take their tuning products off the market specifically for switching off the secondary oxygen sensor error code. So as a result we cannot release a software update for street vehicles to do this.

Last edited:

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
which defouler did you use? heard the J ones works the best
https://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-1161...TF8&qid=1487026139&sr=8-1&keywords=j+defouler
I asked Hondata if they would release a race version map for this. Doug response was
I thought Trump was going to kill the epa... Lol
The fact the EPA is overreaching is a separate discussion, they do need to be curbed. The simple fact is a cat-delete for a street vehicle has never been legal. On the flip side, it's not illegal (nor should it be) on a race vehicle, or a vehicle converted for race use. Your street vehicle can be temporarily converted for track use -- weekend outing. It's not particularly difficult to swap a downpipe/testpipe/header when prepping the car for a track event, and then swap it back for daily use to a street legal variant.

However depending on companies or "tuners" to help you "pass" emissions is so illegal. I can't even begin to count how many emails from people with modified cars I've had to delete and pretend I never saw when they start out with "So I need to pass my local emissions test to renew my registration...". No, just no. Not only is it basically impossible to track every municipalities emissions regulations, but it's also asking someone to risk their livelihood and commit a felony. Some backyard mechanic or flyby night tooner might be willing to help you -- they have nothing to lose and don't catch the attention of someone involved in motorsports or building cars day in and day out doing it for a living over years and years.