2017 VW GTI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New product releases!

Charge%20Pipe%20Black%20Full%20kit_zps815h50hi.jpg

Charge%20pipe%2090%20three%20colors_zpshapmkue6.jpg

3%20colors%20charge%20pipe%20long_zpsk7xa2ykx.jpg

3%20colors%20ribbed%20charge%20pipe_zpsx8jmj6yb.jpg

Replace your stock, boring, rubber charge pipe hoses with our bright and exciting 4-ply silicone hoses. Not only does this kit improve engine bay aesthetics, our 4-ply reinforced couplers increase strength and durability by better withstanding the high heat of the engine bay.

Our stock location charge pipe hose upgrade kit for the 1.5L Turbo Honda Civic fits both Si and Non-Si models.

Kit Includes:

• (1) Throttle Body Inlet Hose
  • (1) Hot Side Charge Pipe Hose
  • (1) Cold Side Charge Pipe Hose
  • Stainless Steel Compression Rings
  • Stainless Steel Breeze Liner Clamps
Hoses available in our signature black/blue PRL Motorsports design, red and neon green!

AND

Coolant%20Kit%20Black%20Full%20Kit_zpsiuyvpbzb.jpg

Replace your stock, boring, rubber coolant hoses with our bright and exciting 4-ply silicone hoses. Not only does this kit improve engine bay aesthetics, our 4-ply reinforced couplers increase strength and durability by better withstanding the high heat of the engine bay.

Our stock location charge pipe hose upgrade kit for the 1.5L Turbo Honda Civic fits both Si and Non-Si models.

Kit Includes:
  • (1) Upper Radiator Hose
  • (1) Lower Radiator Hose A
  • (1) Lower Radiator Hose B
  • (3) Cold Side Charge Pipe Hose
  • Stainless Steel Breeze Liner Clamps
Hoses available in our signature black/blue PRL Motorsports design, red and neon green!
Just a few questions:
1. Do I need a tune after the install?
2. Will you have introductory pricing?
3. Will you provide an instruction video?

Thanks,
FBW
Sponsored

Osobigg

Grand Sky Marshal of the North
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatchback 6MT Polished Metal
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
with the switch from rubber hoses to the silicone construction for the cooling system increase coolant smell in the engine bay and cabin.
i know with the Mishimoto catch can, their hoses were not designed with fuel/emissions in mind and many forum users were reporting that the silicone construction could not prevent fuel vapour from leaking through the hoses to the cabin and engine bay. i understand that we're talking about completely different fluids, just wanted an official answer for the forums

keep up the great work!
I have a 2018 Sport Hatch Canada spec on order, looking forward to the stage 1 intake kit and potentially these upgraded hoses and FMIC.

jeffbatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan, 2000 S2000
How good is the acces to install intercooler (not the cooler itself but the pipes)?

Thanks!

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just ordered the CAI with the race MAF. Aside from this i also have the ktuner v2, with the 19.5/23 PSI tune applied.

Do i understand correctly that with the race MAF, my current MAF sensor will not fit?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
just ordered the CAI with the race MAF. Aside from this i also have the ktuner v2, with the 19.5/23 PSI tune applied.

Do i understand correctly that with the race MAF, my current MAF sensor will not fit?
Incorrect, your sensor fits the housing but the MAF scale in the tune itself won't be correct because of the different air velocity through the MAF housing. The same mass of air will now (should) send a lower voltage signal to the ecu.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe

Your sensor will fit, basically, the race MAF allows much more air to come in.

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Incorrect, your sensor fits the housing but the MAF scale in the tune itself won't be correct because of the different air velocity through the MAF housing. The same mass of air will now (should) send a lower voltage signal to the ecu.
Okay so what do i need to do moving forward with the race MAF?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Either beg PRL to do testing and release a maf table that works for that intake or get a custom tune... I don't know if the ECU has enough swing on the fuel trims to even try and compensate for that much of a change...

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Will you guys be doing an install video on the cobra intake?
Yes we will be! :)

with the switch from rubber hoses to the silicone construction for the cooling system increase coolant smell in the engine bay and cabin.
i know with the Mishimoto catch can, their hoses were not designed with fuel/emissions in mind and many forum users were reporting that the silicone construction could not prevent fuel vapour from leaking through the hoses to the cabin and engine bay. i understand that we're talking about completely different fluids, just wanted an official answer for the forums

keep up the great work!
I have a 2018 Sport Hatch Canada spec on order, looking forward to the stage 1 intake kit and potentially these upgraded hoses and FMIC.
We have never had an issue or noticed a change in coolant scents when using this material for coolant hoses. I could foresee some possible issues with petroleum vapors, but it is hard to say without venturing down that road firsthand. Most of the catch can systems we have used and are familiar with typically come with some sort of SAE compliant hose. However, it is important to note that most catch can systems will increase noticeable smell due to the nature of what they're intended to do: vent crankcase pressure/vapor.

How good is the acces to install intercooler (not the cooler itself but the pipes)?

Thanks!
It's nothing that an evening with a basic set of tools can't handle. We will be doing an install writeup this week! ;)

Cobra, FMIC kit, and rad hoses all ordered! I'll be happy to do install videos/writeups for all of them :headbang::nixon:
Thank you! We will definitely keep that in mind! :thumbsup:

Either beg PRL to do testing and release a maf table that works for that intake or get a custom tune... I don't know if the ECU has enough swing on the fuel trims to even try and compensate for that much of a change...
Hit up Vit, custom tune with Ktuner.
Unless somebody like @VitViper calibrates a proper basemap for the Race MAF you will NEED to have a custom tune done via your preferred tuner to run safely and enjoy your intake system.