Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Man that Race MAF is frick'n Bad Ass!!

Will these be sold in a Raw finish or in a Black Anodized finish:hmm:.... Black would be awesome!!:thumbsup:
We are still up in the air on this, but we are leaning towards an anodized finish. :)

Awesome to hear! I definitely wasn't trying to knock you guys, quite to opposite, I appreciate the fact that you're being straight up about it!
No offense taken whatsoever. To be honest, we didn't even realize that there was a difference in routing when we started designing this intake system. Once this was brought to our attention we didn't have any "solutions" without harming the performance of this intake system. We might have one trick up our sleeve that we are trying to make cost-effective for you guys, though.

Dumb question. What is the difference with the race MAF? Looks sweet, but curious what it does and what potential gains are
the race MAF housing is larger so it actually measures and flows more air than stock so would definitely need a custom tune with this. Your ECU would not be able to "learn" this new part like it can with stock size MAF intakes. This would then throw off your S trim and Ltrim and most likely you A/F ratios as well
Correct ^ The Race Maf has "approximately 50% larger MAF housing than stock, which will be desired for big power and/or turbo upgrades that require more air." We manipulated the factory MAF taper and velocity-stack design in an attempt to replicate the factory MAF curve for driveability and ease of tuning. The stock-size MAF housing is intended to be a "bolt-on" with little to no tuning required.
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

firelu21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Should be in the 2017 CRV parts catalog.
Would you know if I ordered the compressor wheels if they would fit in my housing. Or do I need the crib turbo? It looks like if I just get the wheels and swap them out it should work

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would you know if I ordered the compressor wheels if they would fit in my housing. Or do I need the crib turbo? It looks like if I just get the wheels and swap them out it should work
Can you order just the compressor wheel? I would think Honda sells it all as a whole unit.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Thanks..! when can we get on the pre orders then lol:p:spaz:
We decided to make two great revisions for you guys, one of which is due to a critical discovey we found while scanning the Si's factory intake system and air box. The non-Si 1.5T intake systems use a standard small-bore Denso MAF sensor like most of Honda's older platforms (8th Gen, 9th Gen, etc). However, the new Si uses a slightly larger MAF sensor with that varies in size/shape. For this reason we will be offering an Si-specific intake system and non-Si-specific intake system. Also, we have now implemented a bracket(s) to reduce flex in the intake system for optimal fitment!

Once we test the Race MAF, we will be ready for production and pre-orders!

any update on the cvt cooler?
Hopefully by the end of this week we will have some good news!
Sponsored