Pricing: Si vs Sport Touring Hatch

cdmta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
Country flag
I would consider LEDs in the Si as an acceptable apology for the lack of an Si hatchback. C'mon Honda... do the right thing.
Hate the LED's on my touring. I am constantly getting flashed by other drivers. Very annoying.
Sponsored

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
In Canada we get to order the Sport Touring Hatch with a manual. I'm in love with this car, but not the 180hp or the handling reviews I have seen. But I like getting all the technology bits.

This car is coming in around $31k CDN.. which makes me wonder where will the Si be priced?

Previously we saw the Si price out the highest in the Civic line up. But I am not sure they can slot it above the Touring trims, given they have Honda sensing, remote start etc, where as the Si will likely be void of these features.

Tough choice... wait for the Si or get the Sport Touring and throw on the Hondata +3 or +6 tune.
All the handling reviews have been pretty damn good, what have you read?????

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Hate the LED's on my touring. I am constantly getting flashed by other drivers. Very annoying.
Bonus. It'll be fun driving around with my hand on the stock, no the other one, ready to flash people back... giving each and every one of them a non-verbal backhand. I can hardly wait.

cdmta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
Country flag
Yeah that's kinda fun. I'm getting a bit annoyed though. Especially when they wait till the very last minute to flash me. I'll be getting the ex or exl Si and save some dough too.

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
All the handling reviews have been pretty damn good, what have you read?????
Just the YouTube review with the before and after flashpro tunes where the vendor ProCivic said the handling was typical econocar or something to that extent.. Which is to be expected. That's what it is.

sibanez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Acura Integra GSR
Country flag
To be fair, that autocross review is a bit weird. I autocross a lot, have trophied at a national event and have driven everything from a stock 15 WRX to 300+hp WRX that tried to kill me . . . The stock tires on these cars leave a lot to be desired.

The driver in the above video is slow on entry, is letting the car get in front of him a bunch and isn't using the throttle and throttle lift to get through turns. He also shifts way too damn much, you are losing a half second there. I'm pretty certain a set of RE71Rs on this car would have it moving much faster. Now, is it going to sway and fight and buck, probably so, but don't let that video fool you, these cars can and will handle well.

Last edited:

kalin21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
comparing the 2015 Civic EX MSRP was $ 20.390 while the SI was $ 22.890 ...so I would expect something like that for the SI 2017 model.. a little more than EX but less than Touring

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
comparing the 2015 Civic EX MSRP was $ 20.390 while the SI was $ 22.890 ...so I would expect something like that for the SI 2017 model.. a little more than EX but less than Touring
Ya has to be less than touring.

Touring hatch OTD in Canada is $32,600
Manual trans. $34,000 CVT ... that wrx pricing.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Ya has to be less than touring.

Touring hatch OTD in Canada is $32,600
Manual trans. $34,000 CVT ... that wrx pricing.
You do realize a Sport Tech WRX equipped to Sport Touring level of features is like $40,000 right?

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
You do realize a Sport Tech WRX equipped to Sport Touring level of features is like $40,000 right?
I also realize it comes with AWD and a sub 5 second 0-60

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
To be fair, that autocross review is a bit weird. I autocross a lot, have trophied at a national event and have driven everything from a stock 15 WRX to 300+hp WRX that tried to kill me . . . The stock tires on these cars leave a lot to be desired.

The driver in the above video is slow on entry, is letting the car get in front of him a bunch and isn't using the throttle and throttle lift to get through turns. He also shifts way too damn much, you are losing a half second there. I'm pretty certain a set of RE71Rs on this car would have it moving much faster. Now, is it going to sway and fight and buck, probably so, but don't let that video fool you, these cars can and will handle well.
While the driving may leave a little to be desired, his comments are spot on. Adding another 15-25% HP creates conditions that require more than a simple tire upgrade. Namely the brakes and LSD.

Throw in some proper damping to match stiffer springs, combined with proper ARBs to maintain a good contact patch, and the Si has the potential to be a performance bargain (as with previous iterations).

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I also realize it comes with AWD and a sub 5 second 0-60
So OTD in Canada while similarly equipped with manual transmissions is a $7,300 premium for your AWD and a sub 5 second 0-60 that only exists because Car and Driver did a 6,750 RPM clutch dump 14 times... They even said in the article at regular 5-60 mph rollout takes 6.3 seconds. So hardly enough of a bargain to creep into WRX territory compared to a $32,600 manual Sport Touring hatch...

A $29,995 base WRX isn't a bargain either. You get the powertrain at the complete expense of having a gutted car pretty much. It's 2017 and I ain't turning the key or dealing with halogen headlights.

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
So OTD in Canada while similarly equipped with manual transmissions is a $7,300 premium for your AWD and a sub 5 second 0-60 that only exists because Car and Driver did a 6,750 RPM clutch dump 14 times... They even said in the article at regular 5-60 mph rollout takes 6.3 seconds. So hardly enough of a bargain to creep into WRX territory compared to a $32,600 manual Sport Touring hatch...

A $29,995 base WRX isn't a bargain either. You get the powertrain at the complete expense of having a gutted car pretty much. It's 2017 and I ain't turning the key or dealing with halogen headlights.
So you like Subaru's hey? :beer:

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX

The sport WRX is 32 795 and a sport hatch is 31 160 (not taxed in Ontario). You would get your led headlights and a lot of other goodies. Again its what you prefer and at that that price these two are very comparable. Wrx will do below 6 sec without dumping a clutch not sub 5.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ain't turning the key or dealing with halogen headlights.
I am astounded all over again every time I see this as a complaint... especially from manual owners. Is there some actual advantage with the button?
Sponsored