Pricing on 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback

injencivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback, Sonic grey
First of all, hello to everyone on this forum. I am new to this forum, but not to the civic or similar forums. I am a previous owner of a 7thgen civic and was a moderator on 7thgencivic.com; same user name too.

Anyways, I wanted to run some numbers through you guys and get thoughts. I am trading in my 2016 EX-L RES pilot, 2wd, with 26,000 miles on it. I owe $31,300 and they are giving me $30,000 for it. I was quoted by my local dealer that I could be "out the door" for $29,000, trade included; on a 2018 Sonic Gray Sport Touring hatch. However, it is still in the UK now; but they provided a VIN. May be here in 3 weeks or so.

What do you guys think? Fair deal, poor deal, do it before you steal it from me?

Thanks!
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome to the site. It is very difficult to say whether you are getting a good deal or not if you brought your trade to the table before establishing a price for the new car only. Do you have a breakdown on everything?

OP
OP
injencivic

injencivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback, Sonic grey
Welcome to the site. It is very difficult to say whether you are getting a good deal or not if you brought your trade to the table before establishing a price for the new car only. Do you have a breakdown on everything?

Based on the fact that I still owe $31,300 on my pilot and they are giving me $30,000 for and adding the remaining balance into the pricing which puts me out the door at $29,000, I figured it was a good deal. That’s all I have

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess it all depends on how much the Pilot is really worth. KBB says around $30k to sell on average. So $29k OTD with the trade isn't a really good deal. Check to see how much you can get for your Pilot at other places.
Sponsored