Prices paid for CTR in Canada before taxes

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 1990 CRX Si
Country flag
Anyone here care to share what they paid for their CTR in Canada before taxes?

Dealerships here aren’t selling aboive MSRP but they tend to tack on stupid fees and things like block heaters and such to bump the price up more.

Please do share if the dealership included any freebies along with your deal.

Thanks
Sponsored

Ryden1315

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Anyone here care to share what they paid for their CTR in Canada before taxes?

Dealerships here aren’t selling aboive MSRP but they tend to tack on stupid fees and things like block heaters and such to bump the price up more.

Please do share if the dealership included any freebies along with your deal.

Thanks
Hey .. I still haven't got mine yet but when I priced mine out they tried to attach all that to my price. They did a clear bra, the rust device and winter and trunk mats. They said legally they can't force you to take it. So I didn't lol.

OP
OP
stevescivic

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey .. I still haven't got mine yet but when I priced mine out they tried to attach all that to my price. They did a clear bra, the rust device and winter and trunk mats. They said legally they can't force you to take it. So I didn't lol.
It will be interesting what they do to blend their lame ass dealer fees into it.

The dealer here in my opinion padded the cost by $1200 which they waived as a discount from the dealer BUT in their defense they gave me free mats, free trunk liner and because my rear fender flare had a tiny bit of damage (not noticeable to someone not looking for it) that they also included a free window visor kit. All in all I paid MSRP plus freight PDI and got all the above listed things for free. Funny how their paperwork says floor mats, block heater, and mud flaps yet on my car I have none of those.... lucky I didn’t lose my sh*t on them for writing those things down.

Of course my final price is still way up thee because I did the Honda plus corrosion package, theft insurance rider, rim protection (I missed this one and got screwed in it by paying full retail for it). I got full front paint protection film at a third party company. All in all I still broke $50k after taxes.

In the end I am grateful that I am in Canada because not only are we more or less guaranteed MSRP but we get a few extra options that the US model doesn’t get. Too bad there is no GT package upgrade that the UK R’s have. I would have gladly paid a bit more for a fully featured R. Oh well I won’t complain as my 90 CRX Si has nothing more than A/C. Not even power steering in that old skool car!

This car is a keeper as I couldn’t afford to buy a R car back in the day.

bbqman

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR,CTR,996 GT3,EVO X GSR, M3,Ek SIR,EP3 SIR,S2K,Micra Cup
I paid 42,600 before tax. it included truck mat and full front Protex cover as well as the CTR car cover.
My dealer is number #1 in service and made the experience really nice!

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I got mine from Listowel Honda. For msrp, 100$ for registration, and 2 year additional warranty requested by me. No non sense no b.s.. they are about 3 hours from and I would buy every Honda from them always. My best car buying experience period.

OP
OP
stevescivic

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
CTRnut and bbqman that seems like quite a good deal! What is the protex cover worth? What is the 2 year Honda extended warranty worth?

My dealer although I respect them lots had some oddities in their pricing. Originally I was told it was $43,780 to a typical customer which was MSRP + dealer fees and whatever costs they tack onto the car to try to make more money. I see that as fictitious savings because they are trying to pad the cost by just slightly over $1k. ($43,780 - $42560 = $1220 In added costs and god knows what).

The breakdown for me was as follows:
Car: $42, 560 + GST
Theft insurance ad on: $299 (regular $500)
Rim protection package (they kinda got me in this one by surprise = $350)
Fender rust proofing + undercoating via Honda Plus = $700 (normally $1000)

Freebies:
Honda high wall all weather mats
Honda Type R hatch mat
Honda window visor kit (this technically was a gimme for a tiny bit of rear fender flare damage). Wasn’t worth trying to repaint because it was so tiny.

My perceived savings:
Theft insurance add on: $200
Honda plus fender rustproofing and undercoat = $300
Honda High wall all weather mats = $160
Honda Type R hatch mat = $150
Honda window visor kit = $150

Total savings = $960

I wish I could have got more toss ins but in the end I think the going rate for the car is probably in line with what other dealers are likely charging. I guess what it comes down to “what incentive do they have to discount it more when they could sell to the next guy for more money?”

Last edited:

bbqman

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The retail value of the protex was $2500 but the dealer tells me they pay around $1500 for the extensive job I asked for.
In all, I am happy with my price and honestly my dealer Lombardi Honda in Montreal- is top notch. They have a long standing racing heritage- you can't imagine how many trophies from racing they have in the showroom- boardroom and Tony's office, they understand Type R.

I would encourage anyone willing to make the trip to Montreal- not like you need a reason to be here- and visit them to purchase a car.

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
I paid MSRP + freight & PDI + HST. I didn’t request any option and my dealer wasn’t pushy at all either. I’m also going to get free floor mats and trunk tray as well.

Will be picking up the car next week.

Edit: For those who might be interested, I bought mine from Kitchener Honda and the wait was only 2 months

Last edited:

FK8#3000

R3K
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R
Country flag
Similar story, the only difference is that I took it lol...
What they told me was that the person ahead of me on the waiting list ordered these but then decided not to take it for some reasons
-Clear bra on the front and half hood
-Window tints
-all season floor mats +trunk tray
-A "life time corrosion module" (not sure what really included in this but pretty sure not undercoating)
-Paint treatment
-Fabric protection
-Some other protection plans and security tech
They also said the car is ceramic coated which I kinda doubt it but I haven't driven it long enough(still <500km) to get it dirty to testify lol

Except for the rust proofing I'd rather do undercoat instead, the others are things I'd buy anyways. After that of course I bought door sill and Honda plus 7yr/130000........
With MSRP+none of above for free comes to a total very close to 60k after tax.....

This is my first time buying a car and I love my CTR, it had been my dream to own a Type R since teenage. I maybe know a bit about cars but I'm completely new to dealership things. Now I know how much I lost my head back there......
Reading this thread I'm glad to see everyone is having good buying experience, meanwhile, the more I read this thread the more I find myself dumb lol....

OP
OP
stevescivic

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Whoa nearly $60k ?! My wife would shoot me if I spent that much! Well in the end you have a car you like and since you can’t go back to lower the price you may as well enjoy it. You can’t put a price in happiness right? Every time I drive my R I have a huge grin on my face :)

Enjoy your ride. I stopped thinking about mine and the price I paid. No point in stressing after the fact.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I wish I didn't read that you spent 60k...

Edit. Felt so sick about the price you paid that I couldn't fall back to sleep

Last edited:

FK8#3000

R3K
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R
Country flag
I'm sorry that I gave you a bad sleep truly...but yeah ikr... its the hardest buying lesson I learned in the hardest way so far. Now its time to take consequences for my impetuosity and learn to fall asleep with the headaches lol...

Nonetheless, it is what it is, like steve said, the happiness is priceless, that smile on my face every time I drive it won't lie and nothing external can change my love to my CTR thats for sure.:)

whatthefit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CD5 Accord EX-R, RD5 CR-V, FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
I got the vehicle at MSRP, but "mandatory" protection and dealer install package (3M, tint, all season mats and tray etc.). That brought the purchase price to $45.4k, and then since it's a daily, I got extended warranty, and paint, underbody, rust protections.

So all that before taxes, $50.5k

bbqman

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucky for you tax is cheap in Alberta.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
Man this thread is depressing seeing how much some of you paid for this car.
Sponsored