Pretty dumb, but anybody have any leads on MSRP R's?

WrenchMunky

First Name
Cisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #1589 PMM
Country flag
I know I am not the only one that is still trying, but after calling a bunch of dealers all over the U.S. I am really losing hope. Maybe someone may have any possible leads on an R at MSRP. I wont give up trying, but a little help would also be appreciated! Thanks in advance guys!
Sponsored

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
Your best bet would be finding the thread that has people buying them at MSRP. Notating the dealerships and getting in line at this point. All the MSRP one's are gone. 100%

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
Your best bet would be finding the thread that has people buying them at MSRP. Notating the dealerships and getting in line at this point. All the MSRP one's are gone. 100%
I agree that the MSRPs are gone right now but wait a few months for things to settle down. When the second or third deliveries are in and the hype dies down MSRP will be available. Most of us have been waiting impatiently for years for the Type Rs to come to the US, you can wait 6 more months.

caliboy15

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list.... jk
Country flag
just wait, don't do what others did. itll save you lots of money

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
Best bet is to go to Autotrader.com and select the Type R and search within a 300-500 miles radius and start calling.

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree that the MSRPs are gone right now but wait a few months for things to settle down. When the second or third deliveries are in and the hype dies down MSRP will be available. Most of us have been waiting impatiently for years for the Type Rs to come to the US, you can wait 6 more months.
All the dealerships that i called that sold for msrp are either not selling their 2nd for msrp or have a line at LEAST 2 or 3 deep.

Waiting is cool tho. MY18 isn't looking too bad as some of the owners help honda work out some of the kinks.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Sedan EX - 2014 VFR800F DLX
Get a good, experienced auto broker. Tell them to go on the hunt and find your car. Just be prepared to travel or have the car shipped.

I'm not just recommending this because I am one, but depending on who you get and how they run their ship, it makes a huge difference in getting your car.

FYI, I'm in Canada, so I can't help you. Otherwise, I would. :)

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
All the dealerships that i called that sold for msrp are either not selling their 2nd for msrp or have a line at LEAST 2 or 3 deep.

Waiting is cool tho. MY18 isn't looking too bad as some of the owners help honda work out some of the kinks.
Unfortunately, that's how it's going to be for dealers that have sold for MSRP for quite a while. I'm surprised their list doesn't have more than 3 people by now.

OP
OP
WrenchMunky

WrenchMunky

First Name
Cisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #1589 PMM
Country flag
I really appreciate all you guys giving options / input, I guess being patient and waiting for the hype to die down is going to be the best bet. Its a beautiful car, but I wont let the urge of owning one give in on theses crazy ADM's.

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Unfortunately, that's how it's going to be for dealers that have sold for MSRP for quite a while. I'm surprised their list doesn't have more than 3 people by now.
I've heard as high as 10, but those list are waitlist and not deposits. Also, lots of people waitlisted at multiple dealerships and some had deposits at multiple dealerships. Also, some lie about the numbers to inflate demand. The list may go up to 4 or 5 with actual deposits, but I doubt anyone would want to wait 2 years out on one list. GL. I'm hoping my deposit doesn't fall thru again.

TypeCrane

First Name
G Money
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R Touring
Country flag
Try calling LEE Honda in Auburn Maine, That's where I got mines for MSRP. Best of luck!

m3cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
Just keep looking. My first dealer charged adm, passed. Second dealer msrp but bumped me down from #2 to #3 which they only have one car. And the third dealer is the charm. I Was MSRP #3 car no allocation eta estimated by dealer sometime next year and I was bumped up to #2 car which should arrive soon since it's a 2017. I think adm dealer are loosing allocation to good dealer as bonus cars.

Just place deposit msrp refundable at #3 spot or better and people do drop out and dealer do get extra car sometimes.
Sponsored