Possible Hood Paint Issue (faded spots) - Check Yours

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Anyone seeing these faded spots - about 2" diameter in various areas of your hood/bonnet? I have two pretty pronounced and one very faded. A bud suggested it could have been the suction cups maybe handling the hood during production.

In the attached picture you will see a reflection of two fluorescent style LED lights. Just on top of the two light bars you can see a faded spot.

Check your hoods and respond if you have them as well.

Honda Civic 10th gen Possible Hood Paint Issue (faded spots) - Check Yours IMG_7076.JPG
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I can see a blotch, but get better pics with better lighting please :thumbsup:

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
Yep one on the hood and the roof of my CBP Hatchback Sport.My CBP 9th gen Civic SI had crows feet blemishes on the hood.The dealership repainted the hood free of charge.There was a warranty extension on the paint on the 9th gen Civics.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Yep one on the hood and the roof of my CBP Hatchback Sport.My CBP 9th gen Civic SI had crows feet blemishes on the hood.The dealership repainted the hood free of charge.There was a warranty extension on the paint on the 9th gen Civics.
8th gen too, I missed it by like 5k miles, the clear on my 8th gen hood and roof liked like trash.

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
You need to report this to the dealer ASAP for it can be on record and ask them to have the area rep to inspect this problem ( so it can be repainted ) also look very carefully all over your CTR and place some blue tape so you can show them ( if there are ). I notice this been going on for some time and Honda haven't fix this problem coming out of their Swindon's plant in the UK. They need to solve this problem.

Smitty33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex
I had them all over my car. Im not joking when I say all over my car. A Honda engineer was on site for whatever reason and he looked at my car. He authorized a full repaint if the buffing doesnt work. The buffing worked but they did a shit job buffing (left buffing marks from too much pressure and heat). I dont want to repaint a car I bought 3 months ago either.

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear the stupid detailer didn't know how to use a polisher. It need to be light polish first and if this don't work then follow up a compound then a polish to see if it work. It should be on one panel only and not the whole car. Wish I was down that way and would have help you out.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
So if i have told the dealer to leave all shipping protection on.... so that i can take it to get opti coat done... i probably wont be able to report this defect... cause i would not of known this defect since plastics were on the car

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Here is a picture in the light of day. You have to be at the right angle to see them. I'm not sure the level of detail they do on any car for delivery. Likely just a wash and dry. I gave it a good detail yesterday hoping maybe a standard wax may get them out. No luck and no sense trying anything else, but Honda Service.
If they had to repaint the entire hood, then the question is, Wonder if I could go with flat black? Hmm.

Honda Civic 10th gen Possible Hood Paint Issue (faded spots) - Check Yours blothches

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The more I see this, it reminds me of the air power polishers ( very small ones 2" pads ) they use at the paint shop area in doing minor buff jobs to do some type of correction work. It also looks like the folks there don't know how to use one properly or don't give a sick. But if it is under warranty they will repaint to the original color and sheen per Honda warranty.

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your still not happy with their work, try this person : Ray's Detailing 772-924-8472. He use to work for Autogeek like myself and I also work for Classic Motoring aka Proper Auto Care who started Blackfire and Pinnacle products.

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had this paint issue on my '17 hatchback sport. Just got it fixed today! Took it to the dealer and they apparently just buffed the spots out. THEY ARE GONE NOW! Here is a picture of what it looked like before they fixed it.... also, here is the thread where I originally posted this issue! http://www.civicx.com/threads/2017-civic-paint-issue.10341/

Honda Civic 10th gen Possible Hood Paint Issue (faded spots) - Check Yours PAINT ISSUE.JPG

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had this paint issue on my '17 hatchback sport. Just got it fixed today! Took it to the dealer and they apparently just buffed the spots out. THEY ARE GONE NOW! Here is a picture of what it looked like before they fixed it.... also, here is the thread where I originally posted this issue! http://www.civicx.com/threads/2017-civic-paint-issue.10341/

PAINT ISSUE.JPG
I have two on my rear passenger side door. One at the top, one at the bottom. When I get ready to put the PPF on it, I will buff it all out.

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had one on my rear pass door when I picked it up. Dealer buffed it out before I took delivery. I personally think the paint techs on the line sand out imperfections and then someone else further down the line is supposed to buff it out. Oops!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Possible Hood Paint Issue (faded spots) - Check Yours IMG_5116.JPG

TypeRish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Rsx Type S & 2015 Tlx
I have these spots all over my car as well, maybe 8-10 of them
Sponsored