Possible flashpro problem?

mathew62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ok this is the second time this has happened now so figured I'd see if anyone else had a problem. Or if @Hondata could tell me. I go to the self wash car wash and wash my car like normal. Start it up and park it outside the bay to dry it off. Leave the car running. By time I'm done drying and cleaning the rims I get in the car and all the system warnings that show up when flashing the vehicle have popped up while the car was idling. Luckily had my flashpro with me. Because even when turning the vehicle off and turning it back on it still had all the problems pop up. So just reflashed using the flashpro, and when I start the car it's fine and back to normal... any ideas?
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
ok this is the second time this has happened now so figured I'd see if anyone else had a problem. Or if @Hondata could tell me. I go to the self wash car wash and wash my car like normal. Start it up and park it outside the bay to dry it off. Leave the car running. By time I'm done drying and cleaning the rims I get in the car and all the system warnings that show up when flashing the vehicle have popped up while the car was idling. Luckily had my flashpro with me. Because even when turning the vehicle off and turning it back on it still had all the problems pop up. So just reflashed using the flashpro, and when I start the car it's fine and back to normal... any ideas?
instead of reflashing, you can clear all the codes with the app

OP
OP
mathew62

mathew62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
instead of reflashing, you can clear all the codes with the app
Happened again today. And plugged in the flashpro and pulled up the app and none of the problems displayed on the car were showing up on the app....

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Happened again today. And plugged in the flashpro and pulled up the app and none of the problems displayed on the car were showing up on the app....
are you sure its not hte bug with the bluetooth that pops bunch of errors up

OP
OP
mathew62

mathew62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
are you sure its not hte bug with the bluetooth that pops bunch of errors up
Not sure what you mean. I got in the car and started it and all the error messages where on the car showing up. The app is definitely connecting to the flashpro because it shows all the sensor stuff but the codes aren't showing to clear

OP
OP
mathew62

mathew62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The fact that all these error messages pop up on my car once a week alone is frustrating. And making me question if I should have gotten the flashpro

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
The fact that all these error messages pop up on my car once a week alone is frustrating. And making me question if I should have gotten the flashpro
its not flashpro

is your phone connected by bluetooth to the headunit?

bmcqueen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I am having the same exact issues when I upload a preset calibration to ECU. I have reached out to @Hondata to see why this is happening and have yet to get a response. I have reflashed the ECU back to stock because when the errors popped up, the engine did not run the same. The car became sluggish. Since the car has been reflashed back to stock, no errors.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I am having the same exact issues when I upload a preset calibration to ECU. I have reached out to @Hondata to see why this is happening and have yet to get a response. I have reflashed the ECU back to stock because when the errors popped up, the engine did not run the same. The car became sluggish. Since the car has been reflashed back to stock, no errors.
thats completely normal when flashing the ecu. after the flash is done, you are suppose to turn off and turn the car back on. If the error code doesnt go away after that. you can manually reset them with the 2nd link

Last edited:

bmcqueen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
thats completely normal when flashing the ecu. after the flash is done, you are suppose to turn off and turn the car back on
I get that and that is what I am doing. What I am saying, going off the original post, after driving the car for a day or 2, about 6 errors pop up. Then the car seems like its acting up. I will then re-flash with the same calibration and it will clear the codes for a day or 2. Its a cycle that keeps happening. You actually replied on my post about a week ago regarding this issue.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/ecu-issues-with-flash-pro.8719/

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I get that and that is what I am doing. What I am saying, going off the original post, after driving the car for a day or 2, about 6 errors pop up. Then the car seems like its acting up. I will then re-flash with the same calibration and it will clear the codes for a day or 2. Its a cycle that keeps happening. You actually replied on my post about a week ago regarding this issue.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/ecu-issues-with-flash-pro.8719/
is your bluetooth connected to your phone? if so disable that

the info center is bugged with the bluetooth. it throws those 5 or 6 errors out if you cycle the engine on and off

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I dont keep my bluetooth on.
oh wait yours is the VSA error
find that thread where people had that error and they ended up getting the vsa replaced

the bluetooth error is for the brake/charging/tmps system

also have you tried redownloading flashpro manager? don't think thats a problem but wouldnt hurt to do it. reupload the calibration onto flashpro afterwards
Sponsored

Last edited: