Poll: What's the most popular Driver Info Interface setting?

Which option do you keep your Driver Information Interface set on?

• Range & Fuel

Votes: 67 64.4%
  • Turbo Meter

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Navigation & Compass (if available)

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Maintenance Minder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Audio

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Phone

• Avg Speed & Elapsed Time (if available)

• Mail

• Other

• None / I switch around continuously.

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
If I set my Driver Information Interface to Range & Fuel, I find myself watching it constantly, which detracts from my driving enjoyment and possibly distracts me from paying attention to the road. So now I usually keep it set to the harmless Turbo Meter, and I only check the Range & Fuel display in special circumstances. This gave me an idea for a poll. What's the most popular Driver Information Interface setting? Or do you switch around constantly?
Sponsored

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
I keep mine primarily on range/fuel. The other ones I use are navigation/compass, and turbo meter.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't care about my fuel economy and only have the turbo because it looks cool. LOL

The others can be controlled on the infotainment or steering wheel.

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I have mine set to MPG/range/fuel. Also have MPG set on my infotainment screen. I will have the shift light indicator on this weekend though.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Turbo meter. Fuel economy on the infotainment screen.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the time I just keep it on the turbo meter. Recently though, I've experimented with the real time fuel meter. And using it has really increased my mileage. I tried to keep it in the highest MPG range by driving pretty conservatively and going the speed limit.

On my commute to work, I generally see 42-44MPG. Using that meter, I saw this yesterday:

Honda Civic 10th gen Poll: What's the most popular Driver Info Interface setting? tmp-cam-2062177475

The thing is, I don't always drive this way and sometimes have a lead foot. But, it's incredible how good this cars mileage is when you take it easy.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Had it on the turbo meter for a while -- not to see when I'm HITTING BOOST YOOO!!!, but to try to stay out of boost in the quest for better gas mileage. I also switched to the average MPG meter pretty often.

Pretty easy to keep it out of boost, I learned. This is my first turbo car, so now I know better.

Now I usually keep it on the nav compass. I want to learn the names of the local roads better.

[adding on]
I've noticed that when I use the built-in Garmin nav, I look at the center nav gauge a LOT. Like, almost too much, as I keep watching the distance-to-next-turn indicator bar go down instead of looking forward at the upcoming intersection.

I understand it's my own fault for not looking at the road, but man, it's hard to ignore what the gauge gives me.
Sponsored

Last edited: