Poll: How many are still waiting to buy a CTR?

How many are still waiting to purchase a CTR?

• Total voters

Honda Marketing

First Name
kimha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type-S
I want to get a general idea on how many people on this forum have purchased their CTR and how many are still waiting to get one. my goal is to estimate when the dealers will no longer have the leverage to add ADM on top of MSRP.

Sorry I just added the 3rd selection for people who would ONLY purchase one at or below MSRP.

I myself belongs to the group that definitely would NOT buy one above MSRP. I love to have a CTR but not enough to pay over MSRP.
Sponsored

Last edited:

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Waiting for one to come out that offers some advantage over my S2000 besides more cargo space and Android Auto :D

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Well, as of now 4 bought, 6 want, >500 sold during the first 2 weeks - sounds like there are a LOT MORE people buying CTRs than just us Xers. Still only accounted for about 2% of the Civics sold last month; perhaps 4% over the 2 weeks they were available.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
I will never pay over MSRP for any car. I like the Type R but not that much or any car for that matter as I know after a year of ownership I will be already starting to lust after different cars.

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
I want to get a general idea on how many people on this forum have purchased their CTR and how many are still waiting to get one. my goal is to estimate when the dealers will no longer have the leverage to add ADM on top of MSRP.

Sorry I just added the 3rd selection for people who would ONLY purchase one at or below MSRP.

I myself belongs to the group that definitely would NOT buy one above MSRP. I love to have a CTR but not enough to pay over MSRP.
Good attitude, I concur.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Most i'm willing to go is $40k OTD.

And that depends on getting it sooner rather than later. Once the 2018s start rolling out i'll only consider an MSRP 2017.
That's exactly what I'm doing, I got a spot that's supposed to be MSRP, but we will see when the car arrives.

I'm not going a dime over 40k, if it turns out that the dealership wants to screw me over, then I will wait until the base model comes out.

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Country flag
Supposedly on a list for MSRP...but we shall see when the car is delivered. Currently they have a blue one 45 days out and the next one is the one we're waiting for. Considering there was only about 3800 ITRs in the whole US run and just for the first calendar year we're meant to get 6000ish CTRs, I say those that are still waiting should be able to get a car without resorting to crazy ADM.

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra Gsr(sold) and 2000 ITR(sold) 17 focus RS and looking for a CTR
Country flag
I'm still trying to find one. I see used ones going for 50k though so I might be sol

OP
OP

Honda Marketing

First Name
kimha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type-S
Some more info for future Type R buyers.

American Honda is hoping to sell a couple thousands of type-Rs a month based on what American Honda’s Executive Vice President, John Mendel, told reporters after the New York Auto Show.

I am assuming "a couple thousands" means 2 thousands or more, so I would assume Honda will have 24,000 type R or more for 2018, 2019, etc. The very fact that American Honda wants to sell around 2000 Civic Type Rs per month suggests the price must be affordable for the Type R age group. We would probably seeing the base model Type R starting at or below $30K MSRP in the coming years.

Would you want to give your hard earned money to the dealers ($5K to $20K ADM) just to get the Type R a few months early?

BTW, I just received a bunch of calls from Honda dealers asking me if I am still interested in getting a Type R. One of them said they are getting 6 more this year. These are the same dealers that already knew I walked away when they asked for $10K ADM over MSRP. It seems like the dealers knew they only have a few months left to profit from the Type-R hype. I told them to stop calling me unless they are selling at MSRP. I am very confident I can get a Type R at MSRP in 2018 and probably will get the base model.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Some more info for future Type R buyers.

American Honda is hoping to sell a couple thousands of type-Rs a month based on what American Honda’s Executive Vice President, John Mendel, told reporters after the New York Auto Show.

I am assuming "a couple thousands" means 2 thousands or more, so I would assume Honda will have 24,000 type R or more for 2018, 2019, etc. The very fact that American Honda wants to sell around 2000 Civic Type Rs per month suggests the price must be affordable for the Type R age group. We would probably seeing the base model Type R starting at or below $30K MSRP in the coming years.

Would you want to give your hard earned money to the dealers ($5K to $20K ADM) just to get the Type R a few months early?

BTW, I just received a bunch of calls from Honda dealers asking me if I am still interested in getting a Type R. One of them said they are getting 6 more this year. These are the same dealers that already knew I walked away when they asked for $10K ADM over MSRP. It seems like the dealers knew they only have a few months left to profit from the Type-R hype. I told them to stop calling me unless they are selling at MSRP. I am very confident I can get a Type R at MSRP in 2018 and probably will get the base model.
A local dealer listed their CTR for 53k the first week. It's now 44k. The sales man kept saying that it's such a great deal at 44 and he would buy it in a heartbeat, lol.
Sponsored