Poll:Civic Touring Infotainment Issue

Do you have issues with your infotainment system?

• Total voters

Soma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
I actually was able to record the HU acting up on my phone and emailed it to the sales rep. He called me and told me that he had showed it to his manager and they will likely end up replacing the head unit. I'm so happy I was able to record it.
Sponsored

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
No issues to report on my Touring yet...hoping I got lucky. 900 miles on it so far.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
I got in the car today and I had the reversed colors and Bluetooth would not connect. I knew if I force-restarted the head unit all would be well, but since I was close to my dealer, I left it as is and showed the service tech those two issues. We restarted the unit and the colors were normal and Bluetooth connected instantly. He was amazed at how long it took for the unit to restart and agreed it was ridiculous that I was having these issues. I was assured they would be reported to Honda (this was better feedback than the first time I took it in for these things, where I was told things would be reported to Honda IF I left the car for about 8 hours so they could figure out what to report to Honda).

I called Honda after the last time as I was unhappy with the "we can not fix this right now and we're not going to ask Honda for help unless you give us your car for a full day" response. Later today I got a call from Honda stating they had opened a case for the issues reported when I called yesterday (sadly, I missed the call so I did not get to talk to them).

Edit: At first, I felt like Honda is now being made aware of the many issues and is being pressed to find a fix (fixes). After a phone call from Honda that was BS from one end to the other, I no longer have any faith in this company. I actually would love to sell this car right now. I'm so pissed.

Last edited:

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I got in the car today and I had the reversed colors and Bluetooth would not connect. I knew if I force-restarted the head unit all would be well, but since I was close to my dealer, I left it as is and showed the service tech those two issues. We restarted the unit and the colors were normal and Bluetooth connected instantly. He was amazed at how long it took for the unit to restart and agreed it was ridiculous that I was having these issues. I was assured they would be reported to Honda (this was better feedback than the first time I took it in for these things, where I was told things would be reported to Honda IF I left the car for about 8 hours so they could figure out what to report to Honda).

I called Honda after the last time as I was unhappy with the "we can not fix this right now and we're not going to ask Honda for help unless you give us your car for a full day" response. Later today I got a call from Honda stating they had opened a case for the issues reported when I called yesterday (sadly, I missed the call so I did not get to talk to them).

Either way, I at least feel like Honda is now being made aware of the many issues and is being pressed to find a fix (fixes).
Good! Honda can't fix what they aren't aware of!! Floors me how many guys will complain about their cars problems but refuse to call Honda or take it in to the dealership. Not sure how they expect it to ever get fixed.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda called me back. Run A Round. I now totally FU*KING hate this company. The final straw was when they said that my Samsung Galaxy S5 was not compatable with the car (They insist only three phones made by Samsung are compatible). What, like I'm to believe that Honda has alienated 95% of cell phones out there - nothing newer than the last year will connect with bluettoth? I hung up. I'm done. F*CK Honda.

I just got the official list from Honda: THE ONLY PHONES THEY WILL address if you are having bluetooth problems are (for Verizon at least):

Samsung:
  • Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915V
  • Galaxy Note5 SM-N920V
  • Galaxy S6 edge+ SM-G928V
LG
  • G4 VS986
HTC
  • One M9 HTC6535LVW
iPhone
  • iPhone 6 iOS (9.0.2)
  • iPhone 6 Plus iOS (9.1)
  • iPhone 6s iOS (9.1)
  • iPhone 6s Plus iOS (9.1)
9 phones out of the hundreds out in the wild. The lady from Honda (not my local dealer) told me they will refuse to address any issues (bluetooth, pandora, hondalink, phone calls, etc) with any other phone.

Fuc*ing BS

Last edited:

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Honda called me back. Run A Round. I now totally FU*KING hate this company. The final straw was when they said that my Samsung Galaxy S5 was not compatable with the car (They insist only three phones made by Samsung are compatible -The S6, Note 6 and some other one I didn't recognize). What, like I'm to believe that Honda has alienated 95% of cell phones out there. I hung up. I'm done F*CK Honda.
Wow, I have a Note 4, which is the same generation of your phone. And mine works ok.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow, I have a Note 4, which is the same generation of your phone. And mine works ok.
Mine works fine too, when the head unit isn't showing funky inverted colors and refusing to connect to any bluetooth devices, but the lady from Honda's 800-999-1009 number was pretty insistent they are not going to give a fuc*king sh*t about my bluetooth or other phone related issues that keep reoccurring unless I buy one of the phones listed.

And now I see I just got a VM from Honda corporate and it tells me that she's calling my dealer to tell them that my phone is not compatible so they won't address it. Talk about hating on the customer!

Last edited:

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
Honda called me back. Run A Round. I now totally FU*KING hate this company. The final straw was when they said that my Samsung Galaxy S5 was not compatable with the car (They insist only three phones made by Samsung are compatible). What, like I'm to believe that Honda has alienated 95% of cell phones out there - nothing newer than the last year will connect with bluettoth? I hung up. I'm done. F*CK Honda.

I just got the official list from Honda: THE ONLY PHONES THEY WILL address if you are having bluetooth problems are (for Verizon at least):

Samsung:
  • Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915V
  • Galaxy Note5 SM-N920V
  • Galaxy S6 edge+ SM-G928V
LG
  • G4 VS986
HTC
  • One M9 HTC6535LVW
iPhone
  • iPhone 6 iOS (9.0.2)
  • iPhone 6 Plus iOS (9.1)
  • iPhone 6s iOS (9.1)
  • iPhone 6s Plus iOS (9.1)
9 phones out of the hundreds out in the wild. The lady from Honda (not my local dealer) told me they will refuse to address any issues (bluetooth, pandora, hondalink, phone calls, etc) with any other phone.

Fuc*ing BS
My VZW S5 has been working via bluetooth flawlessly.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I want to keep people up to date. I called them back and told them that if they want to insist that my car is not compatible with any phone except the nine they've provided for Verizon, then I won't press that issue. We all know it's not a phone issue anyway. The phone works fine with the head unit is otherwise working fine. They called my local dealer and told them my phone wasn't compatible and not to try to help with anything regarding my phone, so, ya... customer service. I'm debating uploading the vm file (if you can upload MP3s). They are easy to download via google voice. The sarcasm of saying "we've called your dealer to let them know your phone is not compatible with your trim level and car..."

I also said that because I knew from being online on the forums that a lot of people were having the other problems I've been having (inverted screen colors, walk away and lock not working consistently, the ever reoccurring message regarding my need for an oil change, etc.) and that it is known that there is no solution at this time, I was going to decline their nice offer to let me take my car in for a full day just so my dealer can confirm the problems exist (even though they have personally seen these problems on two occasions) yet not fix them and not give me a loaner car during the process. I'll wait until I see people reporting solutions online before I address anything further. I really feel like they are trying to make me jump through very high and difficult hoops (basically, take off a day of work - as I need a car during work in multiple locations) just to report problems they can already see because I pulled into the service bay while the problems were actively occurring.

Dealer (with surprising support by Honda cooperate when I asked about this): "Yes, we see that. We agree it's occurring. Now just make an 8 hour appointment so we can "officially" see the same thing while inspecting your vehicle and only then will we make a report with Honda - but not until then, even though, yes, we can currently see the problem occurring - yes, that screen is very inverted. You're correct, nothing connects until you force restart the head unit - yes, the oil change reminder did pop right back up when the unit restarted"

I can no longer respect Honda corporate because of this. I'm stuck with my car - these little annoyances would never qualify for a lemon law complaint in Ohio, so I might as well suck it up, wait for a solution, and point out everywhere I go that Honda Customer Service sucks - really really sucks.

Otherwise, I'll just expect to have to restart my head unit constantly, and try to enjoy my car in its minutes of working which are separated by the long, slow head unit restarts.

Last edited:

Soma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry about your pain david1pro. That's so odd that a Note 4 from Sprint is compatible with the car but a Note 4 from Verizon isn't. I don't understand why Bluetooth from one carrier would work and not another. I feel like Bluetooth transmission capacity should be a function of a device not a telecom company.

If anyone is interested in checking their phone compatibility visit www.handsfreelink.honda.com. This is a link that is in the owners manual(pg220) along with a Bluetooth disclaimer.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My phone is perfectly compatible. Hundreds of phones are perfectly compatible. Nearly every phone made in the last 5 years should be perfectly compatible. Honda has just chosen 9 phones (from Verizon) and if owners of any other phones have problems they then have an excuse to ignore that problem (I have multiple problems - when my bluetooth won't connect, my colors are also inverted on the head unit display - coincidence? I don't think so - it's a head unit problem, not a phone problem - NO PHONES will connect when the head unit is acting up in this manner)... restarting the head unit fixes everything, for a while.

Honda can ignore my phone, their website does make it clear they don't care if you have any phone except the 9 they have approved. Millions of people will not have an approved phone. Good for them. I really think competitors should show Honda's website and then talk about how their cars will actually work with the phone you own as long as it has bluetooth for audio streaming and phone service (which nearly all have had for years). It'd be a great marketing tool!

Still, Honda can't ignore my head unit showing inverted colors. They can't ignore my walk away and lock not working half the time. They can't ignore the fact that I get a maintenance minder every time I start the car telling me I need an oil change - those issues have nothing to do with the phone I own. The problem for ALL OF THESE ISSUES is their crappy infotainment system that is buggy as hell.

Their customer service has been horrid - and from Honda Corporate - MORE HORRID than I could ever have imagined. I won't be talking to any dealer until a fix is known. Not worth the insult and headache.

Soma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is one of the many issues I've been experiencing.

Last edited:

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It just gets funnier and funnier (or less funny and less funny). If I recall, this has happened to others. It started when I started my car with a verbal notification that my brakes had a problem. It told me how to safely stop the car. I feel so sorry for any older person who may have got this fancy new car and is getting all these notices. Someone who isn't tech savvy would have to be frightened to death of their own car - not knowing it's all glitches and Honda Induced BS (The HIBS System?). Honda should really, really be ashamed at this point. There is absolutely no excuse for this level of programming incompetence. There is no trust in the warning systems in this car. The car will cry wolf, what, thousands of times and then Honda will blame the driver when there really is a problem and the owner, by habit from the thousands of false alarms, ignores the real problem? Completely ridiculous.

Honda Civic 10th gen Poll:Civic Touring Infotainment Issue 23748809634_72a42770ea_z Honda Civic 10th gen Poll:Civic Touring Infotainment Issue 24081407940_06e05fab5b_z Honda Civic 10th gen Poll:Civic Touring Infotainment Issue 23748810554_bbc72a53d2_z Honda Civic 10th gen Poll:Civic Touring Infotainment Issue 24009222829_a6d6e5cd73_z Honda Civic 10th gen Poll:Civic Touring Infotainment Issue 24268779132_27efb947e1_z Honda Civic 10th gen Poll:Civic Touring Infotainment Issue 24377002205_ea573a07dc_z Honda Civic 10th gen Poll:Civic Touring Infotainment Issue 23748813224_43c0c7753c_z
Sorry about all the glare in the photos - my goal was to simply document the newest pile of crap the car was giving me.

Soma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOW! That's insane!!!! I'm not sure how your dealer felt comfortable letting you leave with those error messages.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
These came after my last two dealer visits - just occurred earlier today when I was switching buildings at work. Since I had read somewhere of the same thing happening to another person, and their dealer not being able to do anything, I ignored until the next restart - at which point they cleared, and the car told me I simply need an oil change (thus, aside from these pictures, I have no proof it really happened). I've shown my personal dealer pictures before - he doesn't seem to care about what he can't see himself - thus my two stops to show him things that were actually occurring at the time I stopped in - to which he wouldn't "officially" see it occurring until I give up my car without a loaner for a full day (and even then, it's just so he'll officially tell Honda - it's not to fix anything. He's admitted he has no fixes).

Buy a Honda! It's fun!
Sponsored