lemueljedc

lemueljedc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
howd you do the civic emblem so well?
the key is the angle and the coating itself. with the 1st coat, you just need a very light coating, just enough for the next coats to adhere. don't expect the first coat to cover everything. 2nd coat is the same. light coating, but the spray is pointing a little downwards so you can get the upper edge of the emblem. 3rd coat is still light with the spray pointing upwards so you can cover the parts under the emblem. You can go heavy on the last two coats. just be careful not to overdo it, otherwise it might drip. too less and it creates texture.

Also make sure to mask the whole back. some people only mask a certain part and they end up doing a lot more cleaning because of overspray, and trust me; it's a b*itch to clean them. hope this helps.

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
hey, that looks very clean. in the vid i see u dipped a bit more than the area needed dipping, does that mean u used some sort of cutter to cut the outline so clean like that? can you tell more about it.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hey, that looks very clean. in the vid i see u dipped a bit more than the area needed dipping, does that mean u used some sort of cutter to cut the outline so clean like that? can you tell more about it.
with plastidip you can actually just peel around the lettering when it has dried. a majority of people do it this way instead of just masking the lettering which is a bitch.

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
clean but imo i would peel off the background...another black square to the already big black fake vents....:banghead:

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the idea. Looks great

I think this looks better and cheaper than buying a Red Honda emblem.

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
I would also peel the background. But great job. Love the black emblems on the white!

OP
OP
lemueljedc

lemueljedc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the key is to add at least 5-7 coats. I made the last coating thick so the excess can be peeled nicely. no need to use a cutter. if you happen to leave some plasti dip on the sides, just use a toothpick to remove it. you want to make sure that the plasti dip on the sides and the emblem itself don't stick together, otherwise there's a chance you'll lift the dip on the emblem when you remove the excess.

OP
OP
lemueljedc

lemueljedc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the idea. Looks great

I think this looks better and cheaper than buying a Red Honda emblem.

yup, the plasti dip spray is only $5-6, but you really can't compare it to the JDM Honda Emblem. yeah, the original costs a lot, but if I had the budget, no questions asked; I'd get the red emblem.

OP
OP
lemueljedc

lemueljedc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
clean but imo i would peel off the background...another black square to the already big black fake vents....:banghead:

I was thinking that too, so I did a quick crappy photoshop to get an idea what it'll look like without the background.
Honda Civic 10th gen Plasti Dipped My 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Emblem OTJF9593 EDIT

I gotta say, it doesn't look appealing at all without the background. -_-

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yup, the plasti dip spray is only $5-6, but you really can't compare it to the JDM Honda Emblem. yeah, the original costs a lot, but if I had the budget, no questions asked; I'd get the red emblem.
Not a budget but my boys brought up the fact that it can get stolen.

I prefer it too because of the sleeper look, TBH I'd take it off if I can but Honda drills holes.

I hate them and my Murano is completely de-badged including the Nissan logo.

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a budget but my boys brought up the fact that it can get stolen.

I prefer it too because of the sleeper look, TBH I'd take it off if I can but Honda drills holes.

I hate them and my Murano is completely de-badged including the Nissan logo.
people steal them cause they cant afford them :rolleyes:
Sponsored