Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
Ladies and gents this is my dog son Bailey
Honda Civic 10th gen Pets in the car 20170510_154408

he normally rides shotgun with me during my afternoon job, but now with the civic I want him to use the back seat preferably because he can stretch out and relax compared to the constricted nature of our front seats. I know some of u are prob tweaking because I don't have the seat protector on, which is why I making this post. For all u fellow pet owners that have your pets ride with you I'm looking for recommendations also for a car harness as u see I made something bootleg out of his leash.
Sponsored

NeedThatHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Mirage De coupe 2003
Country flag
Ladies and gents this is my dog son Bailey
20170510_154408.jpg

he normally rides shotgun with me during my afternoon job, but now with the civic I want him to use the back seat preferably because he can stretch out and relax compared to the constricted nature of our front seats. I know some of u are prob tweaking because I don't have the seat protector on, which is why I making this post. For all u fellow pet owners that have your pets ride with you I'm looking for recommendations also for a car harness as u see I made something bootleg out of his leash.
I work in a pet store and can vouch that the harness is important. The leash won't really do jack squat to be honest. You can check for petstores that have this harnesses that come with buckle attachments to the seatbelt, I've personally tried it though and it's terrible. What might be nice for you is an individually sold buckle strap for 10 bucks. It hooks onto the harness like a leash and the other end connects into the actual seatbelt intake latch. It's literally a leash-seatbelt.

This is the product you're looking for:
Honda Civic 10th gen Pets in the car b27ea3b1-079d-4ecb-b33e-0268da459fb0.jpg._CB526604672_

However I'll also counter my argument by giving you this article to read: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...raints-may-be-inadequate-in-a-crash/index.htm

Long story short, it looks like all pet safety products allow your dog to projectile during an accident, even if they're strapped in. Which obviously we all know would happen based on how any product appears when in use--when we really give it a good, thoughtful look. Dogs just don't like to sit in place and be bolted to the seat like we are. In the end these dog safety products only really prevent them from launched to the very opposite end of the car and or shooting out the windshield full-on. It doesn't stop them from rotating in the air or getting shot into the forward seats, or anything similar.

Honestly just not fullproof technology.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I work in a pet store and can vouch that the harness is important. The leash won't really do jack squat to be honest. You can check for petstores that have this harnesses that come with buckle attachments to the seatbelt, I've personally tried it though and it's terrible. What might be nice for you is an individually sold buckle strap for 10 bucks. It hooks onto the harness like a leash and the other end connects into the actual seatbelt intake latch. It's literally a leash-seatbelt.

Honda Civic 10th gen Pets in the car b27ea3b1-079d-4ecb-b33e-0268da459fb0.jpg._CB526604672_

However I'll also counter my argument by giving you this article to read: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...raints-may-be-inadequate-in-a-crash/index.htm

Long story short, it looks like all pet safety products allow your dog to projectile during an accident, even if they're strapped in. Which obviously we all know would happen based on how any product appears when in use--when we really give it a good, thoughtful look. Dogs just don't like to sit in place and be bolted to the seat like we are. In the end these dog safety products only really prevent them from launched to the very opposite end of the car and or shooting out the windshield full-on. It doesn't stop them from rotating in the air or getting shot into the forward seats, or anything similar.

Thanks this was definitely good to see. I'm gonna read the article shortly too. Appreciate your time and response.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

Haha I was going to post that dog seatbelt, I have the exact same :p

distinktif

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Not pictured in my Civic, but my Boston Terrier always hung out in this during our road trips. It straps into their harness so they're pretty safe and secure on long/short drives.

Honda Civic 10th gen Pets in the car 13139161_10156804757245858_8019666592773539326_n

OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not pictured in my Civic, but my Boston Terrier always hung out in this during our road trips. It straps into their harness so they're pretty safe and secure on long/short drives.

13139161_10156804757245858_8019666592773539326_n.jpg
Nice, I'm loving all the ideas.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I have a 115lb Bloodhound. He's a big slobbering window-licker that loves to make a mess of anything he gets within 50' of.

I have the dog cover for the back seat, all weather mats and contact paper (like you would use to wrap a textbook) over the door sills so his nails don't scrape it up.

Oh, and this is a 2017 coupe.

I'll get pics next time I take him out.
Sponsored