passenger side floor soaked

dexdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I started noticing a funny smell a few days ago and wasn't sure what it was. Well today I went to remove the passenger side floor mat to shake off some dirt and noticed the back of the floor mat and the floor were wet. The floor was soaked. I immediately called my trusted service guy to see if he could have it checked out.

Turns out the AC drain tube was not installed correctly creating a block/leak. Now they are cleaning all the water and trying to dry the floor.

If anyone out there has similar issue check the AC drain tube for blockage.
Sponsored

greg_in_canada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
When I bought my new Audi 4000 in 1987 it had the exact same problem. Sounds like it still occurs.

jeffNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 TL, 12 Civic, 16 Civic EX
Country flag
Turns out the AC drain tube was not installed correctly creating a block/leak. Now they are cleaning all the water and trying to dry the floor.
Did they have any luck getting the carpet and insulation dried out?

I have over an inch of water in the passenger front floor pan and a lesser amount in the right rear. I suspect that my A/C drain tube is plugged, too. I'm not touching it as they can discover the fault and remedy the collateral damage.

OP
OP
dexdawg

dexdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Did they have any luck getting the carpet and insulation dried out?

I have over an inch of water in the passenger front floor pan and a lesser amount in the right rear. I suspect that my A/C drain tube is plugged, too. I'm not touching it as they can discover the fault and remedy the collateral damage.
Yes. My local dealership took my car in and basically removed the entire interior, front and back. They replaced the passenger side floor carpet. It comes as one piece. The had everything removed for almost 10 days. Clean everything, fixed the drain tube, and then reassembled everything. No problems since.

jeffNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes. My local dealership took my car in and basically removed the entire interior, front and back. They replaced the passenger side floor carpet. It comes as one piece. The had everything removed for almost 10 days. Clean everything, fixed the drain tube, and then reassembled everything. No problems since.
Did they provide alternate transportation for the ten days?

Here is a video of the mess.

OP
OP
dexdawg

dexdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Did they provide alternate transportation for the ten days?

Here is a video of the mess.

Wow. That is definitely worse then what mine looked like. Much more water. I was provided with a rental car while mine dried out.

dfc888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX (w/ Honda Sensing)
Country flag
I started noticing a funny smell a few days ago and wasn't sure what it was. Well today I went to remove the passenger side floor mat to shake off some dirt and noticed the back of the floor mat and the floor were wet. The floor was soaked. I immediately called my trusted service guy to see if he could have it checked out.

If anyone out there has similar issue check the AC drain tube for blockage.
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you had the car, and how many miles when you encountered this? Do you run the A/C a lot?

I just got my LX last week... Crossing fingers I don't encounter this.

OP
OP
dexdawg

dexdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you had the car, and how many miles when you encountered this? Do you run the A/C a lot?

I just got my LX last week... Crossing fingers I don't encounter this.
I bought my Civic April 18th. Noticed the wet floor on June 3rd. I live in MD so we have hot humid weather so A/C was running. Not sure if the drain was incorrectly installed from factory or clogged from sitting on car lot somewhere.

jeffNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought my Civic April 18th. Noticed the wet floor on June 3rd. I live in MD so we have hot humid weather so A/C was running. Not sure if the drain was incorrectly installed from factory or clogged from sitting on car lot somewhere.
For me, my delivery date was May 7 and the problem was discovered Aug 9. The car's build date was November 2015 in Alliston Ontario. I should never have bought an early production car in the first year of the model change.

OP
OP
dexdawg

dexdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
For me, my delivery date was May 7 and the problem was discovered Aug 9. The car's build date was November 2015 in Alliston Ontario. I should never have bought an early production car in the first year of the model change.
JeffNB, has the problem been resolved. Did the dealer take care of you?

jeffNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
JeffNB, has the problem been resolved. Did the dealer take care of you?
The car was dropped off at the dealer on 08/11. They called on 08/15 and advised that the interior has been dismantled and dried. The problem is the new carpet and insulation - it is on backorder until 09/15.

They gave us an Accord as a loaner, but requested it to be returned when they realized the backorder situation on the parts. They rented us a small made-in-Korea Buick SUV.

With the backorder situation, I'm left to believe that there are many others with this problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dexdawg

dexdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
My build date is 1/2016. Hopefully this issue is being corrected sooner rather then later.
Sponsored