Parking sensors/beeping?

bostondan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I traded in a leased 2013 BMW 328i to purchase a 2016 Civic Touring. So far I really like the car.

One feature I really miss is the parking sensor/radar. I like having the backup camera, but it doesn't quite give me the same ability to park in tight spots that the BMW sensors did. The BMW gave me more of a radar type of image and also beeped when nearing both the front and back.

Is there a way to turn on beeping for the front and back in the new Civic? If not, is there any type of aftermarket tool that could mimic this?

I live in a city, and many times this feature has allowed me to park in a spot that had just a few inches on either side, where I would never have otherwise been able to successfully park without an assistant outside the car.

Thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen Parking sensors/beeping? IMG_5538
Sponsored

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The type of system you had on your other car was likely radar based, which this does not have. Truth be told, I'm not at all a fan of the "beep" system. Trailer hitches, bumper guards, protrusions from the curb, and countless other obstacles can be easily seen by a camera and missed by sensor based systems.

That said, if you do miss having a traditional sensor based system, many laser jammers function as parking sensors and are actually sold as such.

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Unfortunately Honda does not have this option for any 2016 Civic!

You would have to see if it would be available via aftermarket!

If so, it might not integrate into the current system and you would have to add a screen!

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The backup camera works pretty well on the civic, im coming from a BMW as well, and 3 different camera modes on the Civic make parking a breeze.

firstblud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I was surprised that the civic was missing this as well with all the tech provided with the touring. as stated earlier, the camera provides a fantastic view to give you a sense of what's behind (or to the side) you when parking.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Just like any new system, you may need to practice a few times to get used to the guidelines in the screen. Set up a few garbage cans or cardboard boxes in your driveway and back up to them to see how close you can get then get out and verify where you are in relation to the cans. Take note of where the lines are on the ground relative to where the can is and use that guide next time. The lines are different colors if I remember right (i'm colorblind).

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
If you want parking sensors you pretty much have to get a loaded Pilot or Accord or top of the line Acuras.
Sponsored