Painted car seats?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Honda Civic EX-T
This might be an odd question. But has anyone ever painted car seats? is that tacky or something that looks good? Whether it be painted fabric or leather seats, I think the cloth seats would look awesome in a different color like red and black. Any thoughts? Would love to see if anyone has tried this before on other cars.
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
This might be an odd question. But has anyone ever painted car seats? is that tacky or something that looks good? Whether it be painted fabric or leather seats, I think the cloth seats would look awesome in a different color like red and black. Any thoughts? Would love to see if anyone has tried this before on other cars.
What kind of paint are you talking about?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Honda Civic EX-T
What kind of paint are you talking about?
I'm sure not regular paint, but fabric paint thats meant for cloth or upholstery. Something that would make it still soft to the touch. Just wondering if anyone has ever done that aside from changing out seats.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure not regular paint, but fabric paint thats meant for cloth or upholstery. Something that would make it still soft to the touch. Just wondering if anyone has ever done that aside from changing out seats.
People usually replace the skin of the seat. @skittles can give you some tips.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't paint car seats. There actually is a paint you can put on fabric to paint cloth furniture. Most say it's horrible. I say just save your pennies and do car seat covers in cloth or leather.. I had the cloth seats redone in my 370Z in leather by Katzkin...Katkin made the custom car seat covers and then I had an automotive upholster install them and the door panels also.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
I wouldn't paint car seats. There actually is a paint you can put on fabric to paint cloth furniture. Most say it's horrible. I say just save your pennies and do car seat covers in cloth or leather.. I had the cloth seats redone in my 370Z in leather by Katzkin...Katkin made the custom car seat covers and then I had an automotive upholster install them and the door panels also.
I will second this... Had katzkin done for my brothers 350z back when i was still working in the auto industry.. Had them do a microfiber with stitching to match his exterior he loved em.. And said the seats were more comfy than when they were brand new
Sponsored