Paint Sealant

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag
Got the paint sealant work done this weekend - I wondered if it would do much on white, but wanted to get it done eitherway to ensure some extra protection for the paint especially during our Canadian winters.

Here's what I got done:
- Hand-wash, buff, wax and paint sealant
- Dr. Beasley Nano-Resin Paint sealant
- $ 195 (CAD)
- Took 3 hours for whole application
- Protects for 2-3 years

http://www.drbeasleys.com/nano-resin.html

To my surprise the white color is nice and bright, really pops now! So very happy with the decision.
Sponsored

Rensyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got the paint sealant work done this weekend - I wondered if it would do much on white, but wanted to get it done eitherway to ensure some extra protection for the paint especially during our Canadian winters.

Here's what I got done:
- Hand-wash, buff, wax and paint sealant
- Dr. Beasley Nano-Resin Paint sealant
- $ 195 (CAD)
- Took 3 hours for whole application
- Protects for 2-3 years

http://www.drbeasleys.com/nano-resin.html

To my surprise the white color is nice and bright, really pops now! So very happy with the decision.
I have a WOP as well. Can you please post some pics?

OP
OP
CivicNut

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a WOP as well. Can you please post some pics?
Sure... It's been snowing here, so once the weather clears up and I have a chance to wash I'll take some pics... I also want to test it's Hydrophobic capabilities...

Rensyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sure... It's been snowing here, so once the weather clears up and I have a chance to wash I'll take some pics... I also want to test it's Hydrophobic capabilities...
How did you prep your car prior to applying the nano resin?

OP
OP
CivicNut

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How did you prep your car prior to applying the nano resin?
Had the car hand-washed, using two-bucket method, hand dried, Wax application, time to dry, followed buff, time to dry, then applied nano-resin, followed by time to cure. The whole process took about 3 hours.

Rensyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had the car hand-washed, using two-bucket method, hand dried, Wax application, time to dry, followed buff, time to dry, then applied nano-resin, followed by time to cure. The whole process took about 3 hours.
Thank you for this information. Looking forward to the pics

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
I have WOP on my HR-V, yes I know it is not the same car but I have been very surprised at how good the car can look when clean. I do my own paint care, but I do the sealants and coatings and not just normal wax and usually get pretty good results. I really like how the lines on the car pop with a good coating or sealant. Here are a couple photos of WOP after my putting on a coating late last year:

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Sealant Tint1_zpseib2vhii

Hard to show how shiny white is, but I tried:

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Sealant Pearl5_zpseswjmr3

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Sealant Pearl2_zpsyzcyjis1

Showing off the pearl in the paint:

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Sealant Pearl4_zpsthgjjt3

Unfortunately while I absolutely love the white it will never look as bright and shiny as some other colors. I did my other car the same day, using the exact same products. Now you can see the shine!

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Sealant Red4_zpsw6d1ijkm

Overall I love the WOP color, takes a million times less work than the Black Honda it replaced.

Rensyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have WOP on my HR-V, yes I know it is not the same car but I have been very surprised at how good the car can look when clean. I do my own paint care, but I do the sealants and coatings and not just normal wax and usually get pretty good results. I really like how the lines on the car pop with a good coating or sealant. Here are a couple photos of WOP after my putting on a coating late last year:

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Sealant Tint1_zpseib2vhii

Hard to show how shiny white is, but I tried:

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Sealant Pearl5_zpseswjmr3

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Sealant Pearl2_zpsyzcyjis1

Showing off the pearl in the paint:

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Sealant Pearl4_zpsthgjjt3

Unfortunately while I absolutely love the white it will never look as bright and shiny as some other colors. I did my other car the same day, using the exact same products. Now you can see the shine!

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Sealant Red4_zpsw6d1ijkm

Overall I love the WOP color, takes a million times less work than the Black Honda it replaced.
Thank you for sharing these pics @Razer ! Very nice! Did you use Dr Beasley's nano resin on these?

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
No I did not, I used a coating over a sealant this time around as they last longer usually so I wanted to try them out. Now that I have I will always use them from now on, I have been very pleased with the longevity of the coatings.

I get all my stuff usually from one of two places, Autogeek or Autopia.

http://www.autogeek.net/car-paint-glass-and-trim-coatings.html

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/car-paint-coatings.html

I used DP coating in the photos above, next time I will try backfire or the cQuartz UK variant as they are both supposed to be awesome too. I did all the work by hand as I do not own a machine polisher, but it shows the results you can get all on your own though. Also, both of the sites I posted are used by actual pro detailers and there are forums for both. Worth at least reading on there as you can learn a ton and save yourself some serious dough too.

OP
OP
CivicNut

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for this information. Looking forward to the pics
@Rensyo - Sorry for the delay - I've been having some transmission issues with my other vehicle - was focused on getting that fixed. NEVER EVER buying another AMERICAN vehicle! Sticking to Japanese!

Will try to get you the pics this weekend.