Paint question - I wrecked my new hatchback!!

gilekirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EXL Navi
So I bought the 17 Hatchback in Sonic Gray Pearl and on the 3rd day I had a boo boo and the front fender needed to be replaced. After waiting forever for parts from England my final problem is matching the paint. They have the color right , but it is missing the "pearl." It doesn't have any of the sparkles that the factory paint has.

Any suggestions? I'm bringing it back on Monday. They use DuPont paint or at least that's where this paint came from. Can they get paint directly from Honda?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored

JS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000 , Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
The paint shop messed up they need to get the proper metal flake/pearl , there are different levels of flake/pearl and they need to match it correctly. They should do a few different shoots on a board and pick the one that matches best. Silver with metal flake can be tricky to match on any car but a competent shop should be able to get it right.

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
Sounds like the shop you used mixed the wrong color, or as stated before they need to ad the pearl. the shop should have got there paint rep/company involved if they weren't able to match the color.

Schatzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
So I bought the 17 Hatchback in Sonic Gray Pearl and on the 3rd day I had a boo boo and the front fender needed to be replaced. After waiting forever for parts from England my final problem is matching the paint. They have the color right , but it is missing the "pearl." It doesn't have any of the sparkles that the factory paint has.

Any suggestions? I'm bringing it back on Monday. They use DuPont paint or at least that's where this paint came from. Can they get paint directly from Honda?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
This is the reason why I did NOT get white orchid pearl when I bought my Touring in June. I read on the internet about paint colors and the ease of matching paint if there was ever any type of body work that needed to be done. Pearl paints take a three step process and is not as successful as you would like it to be. Metallics fair better and regular paint is the best. I had to have my rear bumper replaced as someone low impacted it. My body shop at my Honda dealer is excellent. They perfectly matched my rear bumper to the front bumper which was original from the factory. The color of the bumpers is slightly different from the body color as it is paint on plastic rather than metal. I could not tell the difference as to what it was upon delivery. Of course alot of this color matching, etc. is the expertise of the body shop. Accept nothing but the best from your body shop provided it is your Honda dealer's shop. They should come through for you. Good luck.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess it depends on the bodyshop your car is serviced at. i have had my front bumper repainted under warranty and the body shop matched the paint perfectly to the OEM color ( White Orchid Pearl)

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
I had a nightmare with my Highlander, perfect body til deer damaged it and the shop tried twice to match but didn't, they had the money and left me hanging...so don't pay til you see it real good, take your time.

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
Body shops do all sorts of tricks to 'blend' a poor match by going beyond the expected area..next time I'll snap a dozen hi-rez pics and look over the adjacent panels real good.
Sponsored