Paint imperfection [2017, EX-L]

ALombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L, 2010 Mustang Convertible
Country flag
Just picked this car up a week ago Wednesday night (18th) and it went into a garage Saturday morning (21st) and didn't come out until the following Wednesday night (25th) while away on a vacation.

Noticed it this morning when I got to the office. Right behind the sun/moon roof is a blemish I can't seem to remove. Tried some quick-detailer, nothing. Water, nothing. Sadly, dealer is a little over an hour away and I can't head over there until this weekend. To me it looks like a painting malfunction form the factory, like it's old and fading. It's smooth to the touch like it's under the clear.

Somewhat annoyed to say the least. :nono: I can't clay bar it until I get home tonight.

Anyone seen anything like this before on a Honda? Are they known for bad paint jobs from the factory?

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint imperfection [2017, EX-L] y8cigKz
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, nothing like that has been noticed on here I don't think. If it's smooth like you say, it's most likely under the clear. Too bad it got through the factory like that..

OP
OP

ALombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm really disappointed. My sales guy is aware of the issue and was off today, he is going to talk to the service manager tomorrow when he gets there. I also plan on calling them first thing in the morning as it is. Hoping that the dealer has a good solution for it seeing as I'm driving a little over an hour to get to them first thing Saturday morning.

Car only has 450 miles on it. Likely just around 600 when I get to them. If it came down to it I'll swap it out for something else as far as color. I'm not super picky. I just want a car that looks new.

CivicWhtEXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
Got that same paint issue on trunk lid of my white civic which I picked up in December... Ended up getting a new lid from the dealer.

airgas1998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic touring sedan
Country flag
sure looks like etching to me...like bird, pelican shit, and whatever else you got flying around in florida..

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
sure looks like etching to me...like bird, pelican shit, and whatever else you got flying around in florida..
100% its bird shit.. The car sat on the lot with bird crap on it and no one washed it for a few weeks/months.. This doesnt just happen on paint but also if you dont clean the crap after it gets on your glass.. In my 8th gen civic i went to europe for 2 months.. When i left i saw bird crap on it... Had to rush to the airport so didnt think amything of it.. Got back washed it and it was like that.. It will fade over time... But a LOOOOOOOONNNNGGG time.. There is something that fixes it.. But dont remember what

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
OP
OP

ALombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the help. I'll take it somewhere to get looked at before heading back out to the dealer. Another local dealer said they'd take a look at it for me.

scott51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X gen touring coupe
Just picked this car up a week ago Wednesday night (18th) and it went into a garage Saturday morning (21st) and didn't come out until the following Wednesday night (25th) while away on a vacation.

Noticed it this morning when I got to the office. Right behind the sun/moon roof is a blemish I can't seem to remove. Tried some quick-detailer, nothing. Water, nothing. Sadly, dealer is a little over an hour away and I can't head over there until this weekend. To me it looks like a painting malfunction form the factory, like it's old and fading. It's smooth to the touch like it's under the clear.

Somewhat annoyed to say the least. :nono: I can't clay bar it until I get home tonight.

Anyone seen anything like this before on a Honda? Are they known for bad paint jobs from the factory?

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint imperfection [2017, EX-L] y8cigKz
It looks like a bird pooped on it

OP
OP

ALombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Local dealer used some wax and a buffer wheel to get it out. Seems ok for now. They said if it shows back up to come back and they'll go from there. It looks clean now.

We'll see.
Sponsored