Paint Defect

RockziiSS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey so hondas been giving me a hard time bout a paint defect the 10th gen Hatchback has. After 2 months with the car i started to notice sun spots on my car. After that my car went to the dealer 5 times for the same thing. I now opened a case with Honda lets see what happens. Anyone else has this issue.

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Defect IMG_0886 (1).JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Defect IMG_0899.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Defect IMG_1391.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Defect IMG_2470.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Defect IMG_3485.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Defect rubby

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Hey so hondas been giving me a hard time bout a paint defect the 10th gen Hatchback has. After 2 months with the car i started to notice sun spots on my car. After that my car went to the dealer 5 times for the same thing. I now opened a case with Honda lets see what happens. Anyone else has this issue.

IMG_0886 (1).JPG

IMG_0899.JPG

IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

IMG_3485.JPG

rubby.jpg
I have one on my hood that I can see under only certain hours of the day. Now this post makes me want to look all over for it

SonicTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback w/ Honda Sensing, 2013 Mazda MX-5 GT
This same type of paint defect has been found on some ND Miatas and Mazda released a TSB stating "Some vehicles may experience stains appearing on the hood, roof and/or trunk of the vehicle. This concern is most likely to be found in a cold weather areas just after the RAPGARD is removed at PDI. This may be caused by moisture which has been trapped and condensed between the paint and the RAPGARD. These types of stains can be removed with a heat gun or an infrared drier."

I wonder if the same fix can be applied to your Civic?

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
This same type of paint defect has been found on some ND Miatas and Mazda released a TSB stating "Some vehicles may experience stains appearing on the hood, roof and/or trunk of the vehicle. This concern is most likely to be found in a cold weather areas just after the RAPGARD is removed at PDI. This may be caused by moisture which has been trapped and condensed between the paint and the RAPGARD. These types of stains can be removed with a heat gun or an infrared drier."

I wonder if the same fix can be applied to your Civic?
Interesting, I wonder if i could attempt this myself.

OP
OP
RockziiSS17

RockziiSS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well what honda did was wet sand and buff the last 3 times and this last time they did a chemical wash (which idk wth that is) but now i found more. SO i have a honda rep coming to look at it.

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Wow those are extremely visible I found one so far also red hatch near the rear window but only visible at a certain angle.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This paint is GARBAGE!! I pealed off paint on my rear hatch (accidentally) with a q-tip trying to wipe off extra plasti dip when painting my civic emblem. Paint shouldn't just come off like a latex glove with a q-tip... and i'm sure i've noticed a few spots similar to yours i just didn't think anything of it.

have_full

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatc 2017
Hi

I think I'm having similar problem.
2 weeks after I received my car, I found some funny spots on the hood.
the spot look like the colour is faded but it's under clear coating, even the glitter still there.
I have talked with couple car detailers, they said that it's a defect from factory.

Have you got any news from your dealership? next monday I'm going to my dealership for 1k service and would tell them what happen
Here some photos from my case

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Defect FullSizeRender

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Defect FullSizeRender(2)

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Defect FullSizeRender(1)

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a few of those spots on my paint. Ended up polishing them out myself.

have_full

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatc 2017
I had a few of those spots on my paint. Ended up polishing them out myself.
did it disappear after u polished them?

Update for my case:
I just went to honda service centre for 1,000km service and told them about those spots.
They said that moisture trapped below clear coat thus causing those spots.
They tried to heat them up. as result the spots reduced little bit, but not completely disappear.
They said that once the weather heat up, it will disappear naturally, and if it doesn't call them again and they will have a look again

fist4064

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 6MT Coupe, 2013 Nissan Frontier SV
Country flag
Red is notoriously bad on cars especially on Hondas. I had a red 1994 Honda Civic that was peeling all over after only 5 years and I washed and waxed routinely.

hawjdude

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch, Evo 8, GTR, Supra, RX7
My red hatchback had tons of spots and marring from the residue when I bought it. I went home and clay barred it myself. Hondas lack of new car delivery is lacking.

B4Boost

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civc ex hatch
Country flag
i have a bunch on my car, good to know they come out with a quick polish
Sponsored