Paint code CTR rims

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 1990 CRX Si
Country flag
anyone know what the paint code is for the 20” CTR rims? I botched my own rim today with a snowblower and clearly getting it completely refinished is pretty silly so I need touch up paint but what is the exact Honda color code?

Piano black paint comes to mind but like all things color, there is likely a gazillion different hues of black.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stevescivic

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I managed to acquire the paint code for the rim.

Honda NH-731P - Oddly that is the same paint code as my car which I thought was VERY strange.

I'll have to give the rims a careful look with a bright light but I don't THINK it has any pearl of any sorts.

Looks like I'll be touching up my rim tonight...

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I hope this helps others as it took me awhile to dig up.
The paint codes for the FK8 rims are:
Berlina Black NH-547 (used on the 2nd gen NSX)
Milano Red R-81
Obviously, clear coat on top.

rockymtntypeR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
The paint code for the CTR rims is crystal black pearl or NH731, I’ve actually already had to do a touch up on one of my rims and can’t even find where I did it on the rim now

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint code CTR rims image

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The paint code for the CTR rims is crystal black pearl or NH731, I’ve actually already had to do a touch up on one of my rims and can’t even find where I did it on the rim now

image.jpg
Sorry, but you are incorrect. My CTR is Crystal Black Pearl. The difference between the rim paint and body paint are real obvious on my car; especially in the sun light. If you look closely at the rims, there is no pearl (metalic flakes) in the paint. The rims are a deep gloss black (with no metalic flakes) in it.

OP
OP
stevescivic

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Centripetal is correct that the rim color is not CBP. When you look at CBP it is very obvious it has blue flake in the paint and the rims clearly do not. Honestly what I touched my rims up with is plain black generic touch up pen my buddy gave me and you cannot see where the touch up is. I have to look under a really bright light to even be able to find it.

What was silly was the Honda dealership themselves were adamant it was CBP and it is clearly not.

Centripetal how did you find out the official paint code for the rim? Trial and error?

Thanks

rockymtntypeR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Centripetal is correct that the rim color is not CBP. When you look at CBP it is very obvious it has blue flake in the paint and the rims clearly do not. Honestly what I touched my rims up with is plain black generic touch up pen my buddy gave me and you cannot see where the touch up is. I have to look under a really bright light to even be able to find it.

What was silly was the Honda dealership themselves were adamant it was CBP and it is clearly not.

Centripetal how did you find out the official paint code for the rim? Trial and error?

Thanks
Well guess I’m wrong but I’ve used to touch up 2 of my wheels now and I can not find the spots that I touched up so works good enough to continue, the wheels may not have the blue flakes in the paint but it damn sure is the same same shade of black cause I can’t tell the difference when I shine a light on the wheel

OP
OP
stevescivic

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well guess I’m wrong but I’ve used to touch up 2 of my wheels now and I can not find the spots that I touched up so works good enough to continue, the wheels may not have the blue flakes in the paint but it damn sure is the same same shade of black cause I can’t tell the difference when I shine a light on the wheel
I think the spots that you’d typically fix on your wheel are so tiny that it would be super hard to see any flake in the paint anyways. Use whatever works is how I see it and as long as you and nobody sees it then does it really matter if it is plain black, CBP or Berlina black ?

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
There is no paint code for the wheels . I used BMWs jet black touch up . Anything in black should work.

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks
I saw a black NSX up close and a little experience...

There is no paint code for the wheels . I used BMWs jet black touch up . Anything in black should work.
While Honda dealers might not be able to provide a paint code for you, I fairly certain its Berlina black. Consequently, I was an engineer in the automotive industry and know how much work goes into making sure colors match. For example, when putting parts of interior together, we had a special machine that would illuminate the dash with various types of illumination. With that machine, you could tell if supplier changed the process or material because you could see a contrast that wasn't so obvious in normal light. Secondly, the automotive industry loves to find multiple uses for a part (e.g. k20 in the accord with lower boost). Since Berlina Black is the only black paint without pearl being used in production, they would most likely use that paint. Think about how expensive it would be to just pick some off the shelf black gloss paint that they haven't color matched and tested. It's lower cost and lower risk for Honda/Acura to use paint they are working with. I originally used something different too: Toyota gloss black touch up. It works but I can tell it doesn't match. The Berlina Black looks much closer but that could be all in my head.

DallasCRX

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Honda GL1100 GoldWing Interstate, 1986 Honda CRX Si, 2009 Honda CRF250X, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 2010 Nissan Frontier, 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Wheel is Berlina Black NH-547, red stripe is Rallye Red R-513. I looked it up at work. I'm an engineer at Honda, so my source is good lol.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
hey would tou be able to find out the paint code/name for the red stripe on the dash (interior).

Wheel is Berlina Black NH-547, red stripe is Rallye Red R-513. I looked it up at work. I'm an engineer at Honda, so my source is good lol.

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
That's cool My S2000 was Berlina black...now my CTR feels a little nostalgic. Lol

DallasCRX

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Honda GL1100 GoldWing Interstate, 1986 Honda CRX Si, 2009 Honda CRF250X, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 2010 Nissan Frontier, 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
All of the black painted trim and the wheels on the CTR are Berlina Black.
Sponsored