Optimal settings for the 450 watt 10 speaker stereo on the Touring model

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
Can people post their optimal settings for the 450 watt 10 speaker stereo on the Touring model.

I'm think mine is suffering from the subwoofer rattle than everyone is talking about & the result is a less than awesome sound.

I know people have posted DIY fixes for this issue, but is there a TSB yet for it, because it seems so well known that you'd think Honda would be now taking care of it at the factory level during production.
Sponsored

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks Hondo....do you leave the SVC-Neural off?
I leave it off. I have tried it on various songs and sometimes the effect is slightly positive, but I find it is usually negative. I guess it's like using dolby pro-logic on your home receiver when listening to two channel audio. For most music, I find the normal stereo setting better.

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Can people post their optimal settings for the 450 watt 10 speaker stereo on the Touring model.

I'm think mine is suffering from the subwoofer rattle than everyone is talking about & the result is a less than awesome sound.

I know people have posted DIY fixes for this issue, but is there a TSB yet for it, because it seems so well known that you'd think Honda would be now taking care of it at the factory level during production.
Yeah it's an awful design flaw. Makes me so frustrated. Took it in twice and they can't fix it. I stuffed a towel in the back between the window and brake light.

Other settings -one notch toward front balance one notch toward left. One notch to the right on mids two on bass and 4 or so on subwoofer

OP
OP

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
I leave it off. I have tried it on various songs and sometimes the effect is slightly positive, but I find it is usually negative. I guess it's like using dolby pro-logic on your home receiver when listening to two channel audio. For most music, I find the normal stereo setting better.
Thanks man.
Sponsored