Oil Prices- is over 2x the price since the last change reasonable?

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought the oil I used for my first change at one price. I got it at Walmart. The price now is over 2x as much.
Sponsored

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Over 2x at walmart, or somewhere else? You're not giving us much to work with...

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I bought the oil I used for my first change at one price. I got it at Walmart. The price now is over 2x as much.
Oil goes on sale all the time. It's not uncommon for it to be 40-50% off one week and full price the next. You have to buy it when you see it on sale and save it for when you need it. I just paid $ 26 Cdn for my 0W20 QSUD oil change including a Fram Ultra filter.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
WalMart was recently selling 5 quart jugs of 0W-20 full synthetic (Valvoline) for about $23. There was a $10 rebate deal on it that ended 31 August. I missed it by a few days :(

OP
OP
IronFusion

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Over 2x at walmart, or somewhere else? You're not giving us much to work with...

The least expensive I could get replacement oil for my first change (while getting the same stuff) was Walmart. This time around, across the board for what was readily available/shipped it was almost 3x the price per quart. I ended up getting a 3 x 5qt order on Amazon that reduced the sticker shock, and it just arrived despite the fact it said it ships in 1-2 months and that would have been early November.
Sponsored