Oil Leak - New Si

calebyaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
No oil leak on mine in the area mentioned but while checking notice brake fluid leak. checked, brake reservoir is full. car is only 215 miles. Does anyone notice on theirs? Should this be a concern? going to dealer to get splash guards install today, will mention this to them

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil Leak - New Si SI brake fluid.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil Leak - New Si Civic Si Break fluid leak.PNG

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Yes, tell them

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Looks to me like left over residue from the assembly process. It's been documented on the 2.0 and base 1.5T as well. And I think the OP's dealer may have over-diagnosed the problem (or not).

For other members that encounter this issue. The dealer should clean it up and spray a powder in the area to help track any continued leaks. They may also add UV to the oil. Then they'll revisit during your next scheduled visit.

More here:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/oil-leaking-less-than-1000-miles.4680/page-2#post-81966

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New motor and new car = mass of problems. First year of any car is always going to be the one with the most bugs.

calebyaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Thanks all. the area on the second picture at the 3 arrows is soaked with fluid. the area above the 2 arrows is super soaked.

calebyaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
No oil leak on mine in the area mentioned but while checking notice brake fluid leak. checked, brake reservoir is full. car is only 215 miles. Does anyone notice on theirs? Should this be a concern? going to dealer to get splash guards install today, will mention this to them

SI brake fluid.PNG

Civic Si Break fluid leak.PNG
update: dealer said what @Design said, left over residue from assembly process. will keep any eye on it and update if any thing change.

CW0731

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Elantra Gt, 2017 Civic Si
Mine (2017 Civic Si) just started to leak. I have about 2500 miles and I've owned the car for about 2 months.

Driving in today, cruising on the LIE to make my way into the city at about 60 MPH where all of sudden I gave it a little gas and the car just rev'd. I downshift to 5th, 4th back to 6th and it just revs in every gear. Preparing to become disabled vehicle, I make my way over to the shoulder (to not be "that" guy in the middle lane broken down), it began to work. The clutch seemed to hold the rest of the commute (20 miles)

I'm trying to think what it could be. My only theory is that its a rear main seal leak getting onto the clutch?

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil Leak - New Si oil

calebyaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Mine (2017 Civic Si) just started to leak. I have about 2500 miles and I've owned the car for about 2 months.

Driving in today, cruising on the LIE to make my way into the city at about 60 MPH where all of sudden I gave it a little gas and the car just rev'd. I downshift to 5th, 4th back to 6th and it just revs in every gear. Preparing to become disabled vehicle, I make my way over to the shoulder (to not be "that" guy in the middle lane broken down), it began to work. The clutch seemed to hold the rest of the commute (20 miles)

I'm trying to think what it could be. My only theory is that its a rear main seal leak getting onto the clutch?

oil.jpg
definitely take it in and get it check.
Sponsored