Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
would love it if it came with 18 inch wheels, but seeing how the body is so big, may look super awkward.

it would have 40 profile instead of the 30 on the 20 inch wheel, so not too much lost in cornering performance

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it sounds like this.. :love: almost like a Volvo T5!
I know! First thing that went through my head was:

"'TECH-YO!" :):love:

The RS and GTI have to cheat with a pre-recorded soundtrack. If nothing else, CTR will be able to boast the best sound in the class.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
OMG yes... this thing is absolutely amazing! After seeing the limited number plate I sure am glad I placed a deposit! This is going to be one amazing performance product from Honda for sure.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
I know! First thing that went through my head was:

"'TECH-YO!" :):love:

The RS and GTI have to cheat with a pre-recorded soundtrack. If nothing else, CTR will be able to boast the best sound in the class.
It sounds sooooo good... Thank god. Not gonna lie its the only thing I was disappointed in when I would watch videos of the current Type R. Didn't sound like it had any balls.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I had to wake up an hour early to check the caR out before work. Spot on, Honda. Very well done and damn am I excited.

Seems as though there is some conflicting info regarding weight but I am okay with the range. 3200 pounds seems to be a bit on the high side of the estimate and that is okay for what it offers from the factory.

A few people have pointed out that Honda is directing its competition to the FocusRS, which I think is a bit far fetched. This is a caR with Brembo brakes and 50 more HP than the Focus ST and the GTI... not a car with a industry leading AWD system. Sorry Honda, but I cant seem to put the R in the same category as the RS. Great car, but it wont play well with the RS, I believe. If Subaru introduces a new STI next year, it will play with the RS and if Honda wants to play in that arena, bring an AWD system to the playing field. Hopefully the GRC technology trickles down.

I haven't seen anything from Honda indicating the caR will be limited production, as expected. Mid-$30k range is exactly where I expected it to land and I am a buyer. I have seen a few images of the Honda R for US soil and it seems the carbon lip and diffuser is left out, which is a real bummer. The carbon really appealed to me. I like that the comfort mode has been in stalled for the 'US market' as one video points out. Way to show the world we need a comfort mode for our 'race car for the road', America.

All in all, I am beyond words for the caR. It will be a great addition to the US market for Honda and hits every nail on the head. Late spring is what was discussed in the press release, so it should be within 90 days before the caR is on our roads.

Thank you, Honda.

-JYR

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Well done Honda! I joined here in April 2015 for the Type R and have been waiting eagerly for this info and it has finally come. I'm happy! Sounds incredible, looks insane, yeah the 20's we could've done without, but that's easily corrected. 35k, 3 mode suspension, 316HP, number plate, there's a lot more but I have a lot of reading to do and my coffees getting cold....lol it's an H badge I will wear proudly!

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
It's nice but if I was in the market for a good handling lite car I'd still opt for putting a Cosworth supercharger on a BRZ/GT86. I'd rather have 50/50 front/rear balance and rear wheel drive rather than 65/35 and front wheel drive. The CTR's aluminum hood is tempting because the stock weighs a ton.

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
Meh... For mid $30k, I'd rather take 2017 Mustang GT with 435 hp and 400lb torque.
Sure cheap piece of shit!! what you expect from ford 35 is fair price for the CTR and I am more than happy pay that price for it. HP is not everything unless you have joy in hitting pedestrians

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
What is everyones beef with the 20's? What are you going to complain about next....the heavily bolstered seats? Brakes are too big?

This isn't a car that is built for getting groceries and hauling the soccer balls.

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
Meh... For mid $30k, I'd rather take 2017 Mustang GT with 435 hp and 400lb torque.
Have you driven a new Mustang? The motor is nice but the car is an absolute bore to drive, it has no character at all. Ford made it too refined, too easy to drive....I know that sounds wrong and weird but it's true.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.