Officially Revealed: 2017 Honda Civic Type R with 306 hp / 295 lb-ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
Was going to say the same thing, some people think we live in igloos 12 months a year.
I just live in Michigan and I get this all the time. Everyone justifies buying some 5000lb SUV because they drive 5 miles across town. I drove my all-season equipped G1 Honda Insight 25 miles each way on unplowed country roads all but three days last winter. You only really need 4wd/AWD in the winter if you live on a solitary dirt trail or in the mountains. Otherwise you are probably driving AWD for the fun of it, which is a darn good reason too.
Sponsored

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR
I don't know why anybody wants a front wheel drive performance car in Canada and when the weather gets extremely cold and snowy the car is it going to perform very well on cold pavement
:p It's cold but not that cold. Edmonton is the northernmost metropolis in North America (weird right?) and it varies between -30 and +30 degrees C. I don't have a working heater, no block heater, and who knows what mystery tires are on my crappy EP3 and it hasn't been an issue for almost 4 years now. Yeah it gets cold, Put some more jackets on. On the flip side, it still gets hot enough for track season to be a good 3-4 months long.

I had a relatively stock STi for a few years, it's super fun to screw around in when it's icy. Im definitely getting old, but carving through a corner in an FWD is so much more satisfying and way less terrifying these days than sliding around hoping you don't end up in a ditch.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
How we all feel waiting for the Type R and Si......

IMG_6539.JPG
Move the climber to a 'poised to jump' position and that would be just as accurate...

Mayberrymojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Si
Just got a call from two different local dealers here in Utah. Both told me that their management just got back from a Honda Corporate meeting in Las Vegas where they had an R on display. One told me that they expect to get their first car mid-June, the other said July. Both only expect to get 1-2 this year.

Lastly, one of the dealerships sent me pics of the car from the meeting. Nothing new to see really, but this is the first I have heard of on R in Vegas so I thought I would share. Oh, also he said that the car looks 10 times better in person. :yes:

Honda Civic 10th gen Officially Revealed: 2017 Honda Civic Type R with 306 hp / 295 lb-ft IMG_62381

Honda Civic 10th gen Officially Revealed: 2017 Honda Civic Type R with 306 hp / 295 lb-ft IMG_62391

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I'm guessing this white one they've been parading around the country recently is VIN#0001 ?

Will this one even be sold or put in a museum after the initial victory tour?
If this is a full production unit and not just one slapped together (like the AutoCon one supposedly was?) then I'm guessing it will be in the Honda Heritage center or something like that!

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
So I'm guessing this white one they've been parading around the country recently is VIN#0001 ?

Will this one even be sold or put in a museum after the initial victory tour?
What I find is odd is that the SI was supposedly supposed to be released first.
But they just released info saying press drives for the SI are last week of May reviews published June 6.

And we who are signed up got emails from Honda last month saying the Type R will be on the track for people to drive "next month" meaning April.
Sounds like Type R will for sure hit dealers first

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
What I find is odd is that the SI was supposedly supposed to be released first.
But they just released info saying press drives for the SI are last week of May reviews published June 6.

And we who are signed up got emails from Honda last month saying the Type R will be on the track for people to drive "next month" meaning April.
Sounds like Type R will for sure hit dealers first
You know what is funny... I signed up for those emails... twice... haven't received any CTR info

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Busy year for Honda. I guess more than they anticipated.

2018 Pilot (Refresh?)
I doubt they're refreshing the Pilot except for maybe the infotainment system. I don't think the 10speed is ready for AWD yet maybe?

Speaking of Pilot... if you're thinking MDX in the future, check out the Hybrid. The hybrid system is only a little bit more than a Tech SH-AWD and gives you a similar setup to the RLX/NSX (except the engine is in the front). There is no front-to-back drive axle- just motors at each back wheel. Cool stuff!

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
You know what is funny... I signed up for those emails... twice... haven't received any CTR info
Really? I got an email early March saying enter to win " a track expierence with the Type R in April"
Then I got a second one showing the video they unveiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.