officially an type r owner !!!

TypeR_500

First Name
Phi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 bmw m3 competition package, 00 Honda Civic Si, 14 Toyota Tundra, 17 Honda Civic type R
wassup guys. new here. so yesterday when I first found that the type r will be releasing in my city which is Jacksonville florida. I scramble around called every single dealership near me asking on more info on it with very little info. my friend text me around 12 pm. said there was a championship white one at a dealership but the guy that posted it on Facebook didn't wanna say where so I was on a hunt ! lol making sure no one else beat me to it. I made it to the right dealership at around 2 pm. asked info about it and off rip they told me adm is 10k and its in the back getting inspected. told the salesman let me at least see the car first he said sure. car pulled into the showroom. and I was speechless so amazed at this point I was like shit I would pay anything to have this car. other people started showing up asking questions and I pulled him to the side said alright deal pull out the papers. I know a lot of people would call me dumb for paying 10k over but I been waiting for this car to come to the US for a while now and I got the money for it so why not. other dealership around here had it at 20k plus over msrp. all in all the handling to me is perfect. acceleration is alright since I'm use to my 2016 m3. but the car overall is very nice might be too "all in your face" but if your a true Honda enthusiast you will appreciate this car. I bought this car as a collector item. probably take it out once a week. but here are some pictures enjoy ! ill take some more better pictures hopefully tomorrow.

Honda Civic 10th gen officially an type r owner !!! IMG_2694

Honda Civic 10th gen officially an type r owner !!! IMG_2695

Honda Civic 10th gen officially an type r owner !!! IMG_2709

Honda Civic 10th gen officially an type r owner !!! IMG_2712

Honda Civic 10th gen officially an type r owner !!! FullSizeR

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Congrats! Lucky you, I wish I had 10k I could just throw away.

Edit: Also it's interesting that this is one of the dealers that had a blank date on it, it seems to have arrived before those that had dates.

Last edited:

OP
OP

TypeR_500

First Name
Phi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 bmw m3 competition package, 00 Honda Civic Si, 14 Toyota Tundra, 17 Honda Civic type R
Congrats, but ouch 10k adm... nonetheless enjoy the car and goodluck with it
yeah I know man but it was just one of those things where I just had to have it. not for any bragging rights for being one of the first ones. in my opinion if you can afford it go for it but 10k is a lot of money I agree its dumb financially to spend that much on a civic. but than again its a type r that everyone been waiting for, for a long long time now people should expect it to be this way. I walked in expecting a bunch of people bidding and fighting over it. but they told every it will go on the floor first come first serve at 4 pm I showed up 2 hours early. one guy was willing to pay 3k on top of mines but we started signing papers already.

OP
OP

TypeR_500

First Name
Phi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it's nice, but hey to each their own enjoy the car. that's an all tricked out STI price right there.
not gonna lie I second guessed myself like damn at around 45k before taxes and fees I have so many options could've paid a few more for an m2 to add to my m3 collection but idk you just gotta see it in person and personally I think 5k over is alright 10k+ is way too much but financially I'm doing alright in life I could take the hit for this type r lol

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
Congrats man !! Looks amazing & im sure that 10k will go to a great charity !! Well done

OP
OP

TypeR_500

First Name
Phi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doubt any of that 10k goes to charity...0..o
yeah I highly doubt its going to any charity. I didn't read about the charity thing until someone posted it on here earlier. I ask my salesman in a joking way like how much you making off this sale man I know your making a lot he cheese hard as hell saying I aint making nothing man as he walks away lol